Fire department badges

cheech

May 6, 2012
FL
Detector(s) used
white's BeachHunter 300/DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here's today's finds some fire department badges still researching thought I'd share if any stick out please let me know thank you ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1445608230.638677.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1445608243.524862.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1445608254.798075.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1445608265.753222.jpg

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet collection. I have several firefighters in my family, past and present, including my grandfather who died in the line of duty back in the 70's. Have you ID'd all of them?

ps- also remember you can't sell them on ebay unless they are defunct and not in use anymore. That's where the research comes in with selling badges.

Last edited:

firemac

Bronze Member
Apr 14, 2012
Irving Texas and the beach
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro Garrett pro pointer Minelab Etrac & excal ll
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice collection! Are you doing patches too? If so I'll send you one of mine from and old uniform.

OP
OP
C

cheech

May 6, 2012
FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Any good places where I could start to look to identify these websites books etc.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
C

cheech

May 6, 2012
FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found this one so far and the drillmaster is marked in the back here's a picture ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1445732910.109854.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1445732938.686399.jpg NYFD FDNY 1935 UFA FIRE BADGE It's on worth point so I don't know what it sold for ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1445733009.155536.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1445733062.248598.jpg

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found this one so far and the drillmaster is marked in the back here's a picture View attachment 1227080 View attachment 1227085 NYFD FDNY 1935 UFA FIRE BADGE It's on worth point so I don't know what it sold for View attachment 1227087 View attachment 1227088
I think that badge dates to somewhere after 1912 (within 10 years) when the Bureau of Fire Prevention was created and a system of fire drills was established. Although I can still find no information whatsoever about this company.

If this were my badge I would contact someone at the New York City Fire Museum about it. http://www.nycfiremuseum.org/contact.cfm

edit- Here are all the Brooklyn badges they have- http://nycfiremuseum.pastperfect-on...1110=;_t1111=;_t1113=;_>1091=;_<1092=;dtype=d

Seems to be a good site for researching the other NY badges too.

ps- I remember seeing a local cl ad that mentioned having a badge collection sometime in the last few weeks. Are you in the S. Fl. tri county area?

Last edited:
OP
OP
C

cheech

May 6, 2012
FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
On the Drill master badge I was thinking 1910 to 1920 but this is the closest one I could find http://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/141789242488 i'll try to contact the museum and see if I can send them some pictures if they can give me any information on the years of them thanks for the link and I'm just a little north you in Palm Beach there's a couple of them that are just local fire departments I could be able to take those to them and see if they can give me some answers

Last edited:
OP
OP
C

cheech

May 6, 2012
FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I'm just going to list them and see what kind of price I can get for them need to flip them fast for another sale that is coming up that has bigger potential thanks for all the help

OP
OP
C

cheech

May 6, 2012
FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well at that price maybe I should just pull them back down but how would you listed would you list it with a high ridiculous buy it now or best offer or would you started at a low bid and see what happens

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm not sure how I would list that badge. The others I'd try to find comparables. I can tell you the London Fire Brigade badge is a low dollar one. london fire brigade badge | eBay as is the Greek one- GREEK-GREECE SET OF 2 FIRE BRIGADE BADGES OF HAT OFFICER 1960

I don't know where the top left badge with no markings is from. I think the others can be found or at least a general idea of their value can be established through other similar badges. It's the Brooklyn one that has me stuped. I see a small rectangular box for engraving on the front. It's blank right? Did you send an email or try calling the NYC Fire Museum yet? I think, if it were mine I'd hold off on listing that one badge until I could find out a little more about it. I'm wondering if this is a company that never got off the ground, so to speak.

OP
OP
C

cheech

May 6, 2012
FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I should have time tomorrow as I have the day off of work I'm going to call them as soon as I can I really appreciate all the help

OP
OP
C

cheech

May 6, 2012
FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well sent an email along with pictures hope to get a response soon

OP
OP
C

cheech

May 6, 2012
FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well it's been a week and no response on the email[emoji17]

OP
OP
C

cheech

May 6, 2012
FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I put the badges on eBay as a lot with a very high price just to see what kind of reaction I would get I had one offer for only one badge which was the drillmaster badge and he said he would pay immediately what what have you done sold it or keep it because you think it's worth more than what he offered

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Value of Antique Badge with Maker's Mark: 'BRAXMAR CO., C.G.' | Badge Values
Found this and emailed the person hopefully he'll get back to me about some information
Hopefully someone can shed some light on that one. For someone to offer you what they did, it probably is worth double that. I see the guy you are contacting is a collector of that brand of badge much like some people collect Whitehead & Hoag. His value might be determined a little differently than the person who collects rare Brooklyn FD badges. I would be inclined to let that one sit until the right buyer comes along and/or more information can be shed on the Fire Drill company. You should post this badge on the "What is it" forum and see if anyone else can come up with some information as to the history of The Brooklyn Fire Drill Company. Bramblefind's name comes to mind when I think of someone who is good at this type of research. She's helped me more than once over the years.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread