GW Jar find

mugsisme

Bronze Member
Jan 25, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
OK, yeah, I know ... wrong forum. BUT, y'all have seen my stuff in the past. AND, whoever was the one who told me I am addicted and I am never going to stop, well, uh, you were right.

Last Friday I got a jar for $100. Out comes this Tiffany necklace. It looks authentic. Yesterday I ran it by the store. Yup, they took it. Best $20 I've spent in a while. They overnighted it to me in a Tiffany bag, and man, does that sucker look GORGEOUS! I sorta want it now, but I can't, because I owe too much money. (2 pairs of Dansko shoes came home with me yesterday after visiting Tiffany ... that set me back $300.)

2015-10-28 16.08.10.jpg

JimDon

Silver Member
May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excalibur, White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You got your moneys worth there. was that it?

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
It put you out $300.00 but is it worth more or less than the $300.00 ?

GibH

Silver Member
May 17, 2009
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Surf PI Pro/MXT/Quattro/Sovereign XS2 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It put you out $300.00 but is it worth more or less than the $300.00 ?

The shoes set her back 300. The necklace was in a $100 jar and the cleaning cost her $20. So the necklace is $120 minus what ever else she has in that jar, and cleaning and authentication is included.

CladSpends2

Jan 11, 2010
Wilton, Maine
Detector(s) used
White's M6
OK, yeah, I know ... wrong forum. BUT, y'all have seen my stuff in the past. AND, whoever was the one who told me I am addicted and I am never going to stop, well, uh, you were right.

Last Friday I got a jar for $100. Out comes this Tiffany necklace. It looks authentic. Yesterday I ran it by the store. Yup, they took it. Best $20 I've spent in a while. They overnighted it to me in a Tiffany bag, and man, does that sucker look GORGEOUS! I sorta want it now, but I can't, because I owe too much money. (2 pairs of Dansko shoes came home with me yesterday after visiting Tiffany ... that set me back $300.)

View attachment 1228792

I doesn't bother me you are in the wrong forum. Personally, I wish they would just put all these sub divisions back into one forum/page and I wouldn't have to go to so many pages to read all the info and learn all I do on this site. It was so much simpler as little as a year or so ago. If I didn't want to read about eBay, I didn't...........no need to make a separate forum for it, I am intelligent enough to jump out of a entry if I am tired of reading about it. Oh, well............now I have to go back to Treasure Hunting and then click on eBay and wait for that page to load so I can see what someone can alert me to being worth buying on that forum. I love reading about all your finds where ever you make them, don't get me wrong..............sometimes we just make things more difficult than they have to be. Just sayin'

T.

OP
OP
M

mugsisme

Bronze Member
Jan 25, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
I've temporarily misplaced the baggie with that silver in it. There was a 10K antique brooch, but the stone was broken. There was a turquoise necklace that I've already taken in to be consigned. A Talbots necklace and matching bracelet. The bracelet is missing a rhinestone. I've sold several of these broken name items for $25. A brooch from Italy with mosiac flowers. A stunning set of SS earrings, necklace and matching ring.
found it! ... I'll post a picture in a second.

OP
OP
M

mugsisme

Bronze Member
Jan 25, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
OK, this is most of the good stuff from the jar. There was necklaces, bracelets, watches, earrings, and brooches that are good, and tons of junk too.

2015-10-28 21.30.10.jpg

2015-10-28 21.31.35.jpg 2015-10-28 21.31.42.jpg

OP
OP
M

mugsisme

Bronze Member
Jan 25, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Great finds for a GW jar. What size city do you live in?

Medium size. There are a good mix of people, I guess. Only two or three stores rely on their donations. Most of the stuff goes to a main sorting facility, and then is sent to different stores. Some get more high end stuff. That store is one of them, although I have bought completely junky jars too. I bought one the size of a small child for $100, and there was maybe 5 things. It will be hard to make my money back on that one.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread