cheech

May 6, 2012
FL
Detector(s) used
white's BeachHunter 300/DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jones Hereford car headlights & more

Pick these up from a sale the other day thought I'd share I was told they were either a modern model a or a model T kerosene headlights going to try to find the year but still no luck. OK just found what they really are scratch everything before this they are horse carriage headlights ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1446839543.808401.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1446839560.148525.jpg
And here's some things from today's sales
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1446839802.989315.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1446839820.381583.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1446839838.389951.jpg The last picture I believe is gold powder I'm going to test it to make sure thanks for looking and the bottle is not gold powder[emoji36]

Last edited:

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That what I like to find. good luck selling the elephant ivory necklace. You will need to prove it is over a certain age if I remember correctly.

OP
OP
C

cheech

May 6, 2012
FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jones Hereford car headlights & more

That what I like to find. good luck selling the elephant ivory necklace. You will need to prove it is over a certain age if I remember correctly.

Yes I do think you are correct but as of right now I haven't found any hallmarks it's only marked 925 and sterling I still have to test to see if it's even real ivory and the ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1446850421.228106.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1446850459.570698.jpg little flower brooch has hallmarks on it I haven't been able to identify them yet and it is signed VW
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1446868018.015552.jpg
it'sCzech Republic Hallmark for .925 now I have to do is find the designer

Last edited:

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
looks like some kind of French hallmark with a stag head. That is a nice piece and does look old. I'm thinking it has some good value also?. You got ya some good booty there:thumbsup:

OP
OP
C

cheech

May 6, 2012
FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds! If you ever decide to sell the necklace let me know.

I'll keep you in mind just going to do a little bit more research on it and try to find a good price

OP
OP
C

cheech

May 6, 2012
FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I went to an antique show today and found out that the necklace is real ivory custom made peace and something about the law on selling ivory was overturned so you can now sell it but going to check into that more The value was from 350 to 450 but I think I'm going to hold onto it for a while the wife likes it and that rose fur clip that I found a while back was dated in the 30s or 40s

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Beautiful pieces. The elephant necklace is nice for sure. It's too bad that flower brooch is Czech Republic versus Scandinavian. At first glance one would think Denmark, just looking at it. I believe it is an earlier piece. That mark shows to have been used since 1949. Is it enameled?

Are the buggy lanterns modern or did you find out when they were made? I can't find anything related with a "Jones-Hereford" in it. Are those the only marks on them?

OP
OP
C

cheech

May 6, 2012
FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Beautiful pieces. The elephant necklace is nice for sure. It's too bad that flower brooch is Czech Republic versus Scandinavian. At first glance one would think Denmark, just looking at it. I believe it is an earlier piece. That mark shows to have been used since 1949. Is it enameled?

Are the buggy lanterns modern or did you find out when they were made? I can't find anything related with a "Jones-Hereford" in it. Are those the only marks on them?

The flower brooch is enameled I might be able to get $25 $30 for it and that's the only marking I can find on the buggy lanterns I don't believe that there modern the name is right where the wick would go and I already have a bid on them

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread