Old Ramones concert T shirt AUTOGRAPHED!

Punatic

Feb 25, 2014
norcal
Primary Interest:
Other
Hello-

Met a very cool older lady that was a punk rock skate board motorcycle original!

She had a load of cool stuff that she was unloading for a move to Europe!

I may have the opportunity to purchase this shirt who she says was autographed at a show she attended. The details all match as she had multiple obscure concert tees, vinyl stickers etc...

I couple find this exact shirt either so it may be rare? I did see a similar one on a black shirt. ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1447617058.312495.jpg

Looking for some advice on price, assuming the autographs are legit!

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here's my two cents for what it's worth...

Looks like an original "Road to Ruin" tour shirt. That would date it to 1978. You probably saw the black knock-offs they sell nowadays. I believe they also made some in the 90's. I see yours still has the brand label, what does it read? That is a plus to help date/authenticate it. I would think it's pretty rare by itself without the autographs. Have you seen the prices of the few original 1970's Ramones shirts on ebay? I'm not sure about the one that sold for $1500 because it could have been a one off or something but... RAMONES SHIRT | eBay
I don't know how I would handle this one. This may be one for a 10 day auction to get the most exposure. Or you could list it with a high BIN and possibly wait for the right buyer. I don't think $1k-$1.5k is out of the question to the right person. I may be off base but that's my opinion of it.

JimDon

Silver Member
May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excalibur, White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now that is a really cool vintage tee. You just made me play some ramones on my iPod

GibH

Silver Member
May 17, 2009
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Surf PI Pro/MXT/Quattro/Sovereign XS2 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree with diggumup. It should do very well and I'd snatch it if the price were right.

GibH

Silver Member
May 17, 2009
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Surf PI Pro/MXT/Quattro/Sovereign XS2 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ugh I want to buy this from you so badly...

He hasn't bought it yet. Said he may have the opportunity to buy it, not that he bought it.

OP
OP
Punatic

Punatic

Feb 25, 2014
norcal
Primary Interest:
Other
Update: still trying but having a hard time coming up with a fair offer. She is also reluctant to sell due to sentimental value. Any advice on a fair offer?

Crossing fingers over here...

OP
OP
Punatic

Punatic

Feb 25, 2014
norcal
Primary Interest:
Other
Here's my two cents for what it's worth...

Looks like an original "Road to Ruin" tour shirt. That would date it to 1978. You probably saw the black knock-offs they sell nowadays. I believe they also made some in the 90's. I see yours still has the brand label, what does it read? That is a plus to help date/authenticate it. I would think it's pretty rare by itself without the autographs. Have you seen the prices of the few original 1970's Ramones shirts on ebay? I'm not sure about the one that sold for $1500 because it could have been a one off or something but... RAMONES SHIRT | eBay
I don't know how I would handle this one. This may be one for a 10 day auction to get the most exposure. Or you could list it with a high BIN and possibly wait for the right buyer. I don't think $1k-$1.5k is out of the question to the right person. I may be off base but that's my opinion of it.

Thanks as always for the info. Here is a closer look at the tag...it's the beat I can do since I have not seen it in person yet. Maybe this is enough to is he tag? ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1447732674.463367.jpg

Baltimore

Feb 18, 2013
Maryland/Vermont
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Honestly she would be foolish to part with that for anything under a grand. I know it's not the advice I'd like to give as a fellow picker, but maybe just tell her that if it is truly a sentimental object to her then perhaps she shouldn't sell it. It will take up little to no room wherever she lives, and once she sells it there is no way she'll find another again, and even if she did it wouldn't be the same shirt that she made memories with. Could be a major regret.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Honestly she would be foolish to part with that for anything under a grand. I know it's not the advice I'd like to give as a fellow picker, but maybe just tell her that if it is truly a sentimental object to her then perhaps she shouldn't sell it. It will take up little to no room wherever she lives, and once she sells it there is no way she'll find another again, and even if she did it wouldn't be the same shirt that she made memories with. Could be a major regret.
I agree with the value and the sentimental part.

Punatic- You mentioned that she had many cool items including many other concert tees. Maybe she has some other items that she is not so attached to that she would sell you for a good price, if you "laid it out on the line" to her so to speak about what Baltimore just said. Tell her you think the shirt is worth a grand and go from there if she is having a hard time getting rid of it. $500 would be a very good price (for you) I believe.

OP
OP
Punatic

Punatic

Feb 25, 2014
norcal
Primary Interest:
Other
Yes she is attached a bit and said she was going to maybe put it on eBay. That's when I expressed interest.

She had other shirts that another guy got before I could grab them. She did bring me out some garbage pail kids, old Nintendo games and other bits and pieces so we established a replied, traded numbers and then I left (reluctantly).

I contacted her about some other stuff she had and inquired about the shirt. She said she still has more gpk and Nintendo somewhere, in addition to hundreds of old punk band stickers! We'll see if she's up for selling in next couple days, but I bugged her a couple times and just want to lay low for a couple days!

This was arguable the coolest lady I've ever met. Self taught motorcycle mechanic, skateboarder, video gamer and punk music enthusiast!

OP
OP
Punatic

Punatic

Feb 25, 2014
norcal
Primary Interest:
Other
Update: heard from her today and she may put it on eBay herself. I told her to shoot me a number she would feel comfortable with before listing and she promised she would...we will see!

Baltimore

Feb 18, 2013
Maryland/Vermont
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good luck! That would be a heck of a score pretty much regardless of price! One of those things that is probably only going to increase in value.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread