One purchase this week....over 1500g sterling

silverdollarbill

Aug 27, 2012
Dirty Jerz
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Outlaw
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Things have been really slow lately. Didn't buy a single thing yesterday and thought the same was about to happen today. I went to a late estate sale that was mostly restaurant stuff. I was late and all the regulars where there. There was a drawer full of silverware no one was looking at it. I picked it up and the person running the sale said they had it checked out and it was plated. The first couple pieces where but then I started pulling out multiple sterling pieces from many different makers. I bought the box for $60.

About one third of pieces where sterling. 40 pieces in total. Over 1500g of silver and that is not counting the knives.

This is my best silverware score ever. The regulars where staring at me when I left. None of them must have taken a second look.

HH
bill

Attachments

• 1448221249849.jpg
    1448221249849.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 179

2Minnesota

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2008
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark, Whites 5900/Di Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome!! Are the ones on the lower right Wallace grande baroque? Or baroque?

JimDon

Silver Member
May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excalibur, White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice score.

captain flintlock

Jul 21, 2015
Detector(s) used
Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great find! I always root through flatware even if someone says " it's all plate ". Keep up the good work!!

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My very first yardsale purchase was a small spoon that the seller (estate sale company employee) said was plated. I stopped at the sale on a whim wondering what it was like inside. I put the spoon down and went back to my car and got my magnifying glass. (I think I had just finished metal detecting and had all my equipment) Came back and took a better look and it said sterling on the back. I asked and got $1 price. I bought it and the rest is history. I didn't even know what a gram was at that time.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread