Anyone here have a dummy account?

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One may ask, what is a dummy account? This is something my neighbor challenge me to start. I open a savings account at his bank. There is no debit card and no checks. I can check the balance online but if I want to try have to get $ I have to go directly to the bank.

Now back to the dummy account. I'm going to put 10% of my sales into this account. But I think the bigger savings is going to come from the dummies. And we were talking and we decided that the dummy sale is someone who pays money for something that is totally crazy! I mean we all have something every single week or day, or month that sells and we go holy cow I can't believe this sold for this amount!! This is a dummy account savings deposit..

Like a lot of something you expect to sell for $10 but it sells for 30. That goes into the dummy account. Or a piece of jewelry that is signed cost gym and ends up selling for $100. Anyways just thought I'd throw it out there. It helps me and I thought I'd pass along the idea. Good night

S

stefen

You actually stay awake nights thinking this stuff up?

Y'all got too much time on yer hands. :laughing7:

OP
OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You actually stay awake nights thinking this stuff up?

Y'all got too much time on yer hands. :laughing7:

Man I have been so tired today too. I don't think I'm going to post anymore until next year. Happy new year!

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have a hobby account separate from the family account, at a different bank. It is funded with MD finds and has PayPal attached to it. I use these funds for upgrades, new equipment and other hobby related supplies.

JimDon

Silver Member
May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excalibur, White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like the idea of a separate hobby account with you want to call it dummy account or not . That way when our wives leave us after getting fed up with us we still have something we can call our own. But on a serious note I think everyone needs to make sure they're saving something for their efforts.

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds like a good idea. My problem is PayPal and debit card being hooked to my bank account. It's too easy to spend it.

OP
OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have two PayPal account linked to five different places. But I only use three of them 4 of them. I wish I could link it to E*TRADE as well but have not been able to do that yet either.

I had a PayPal card but I had to get rid of it. I was really spending the stuff is soon as I made it. The hobby accounts paying off well so far. I put about 10%-25% of my sales before withdraw into it.

The best part about it is too I think my wife won't be able to see it so she won't be able to get it either. LOL.

T.C.

Bronze Member
May 17, 2012
Kalamity Falls, Orygun
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"The best part about it is too I think my wife won't be able to see it so she won't be able to get it either. LOL."

Trust me, she knows where every nickel is....it's in the their genes!!:headbang:

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My wife handles all the finances, as I'm the dummy. The account I have I call "my stash"

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread