Trying to Identify this Jade or Agate Carving

peaece13

Dec 22, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello all,
I have lurked around for quite some time and look forward to contributing to the site.

I have come across a piece which has me stumped and was wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction as to what this is, and what it was meant to represent?
The Gold Filled Chain seems to have been added mor recently than the rest of the item.

Thanks in advance,
Jay

S

stefen

Not sure what its purpose but it has the same look and power grinder workmanship methods as Mexican marble chessmen found in Tijuana tourist shops.

Design is typical Inca style.

Lost&Found

Jul 27, 2013
NYC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When I was doing research for this piece of Jade I got at an estate sale image.jpeg I must of looked at hundreds of pictures of standing jade figurines. Like the previous poster stated, yours is a modern Mexican replica.

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not real jade, but oaxaca onyx, I think that stone is referred as ?? Many decorative items can be made from it, such as bookends, sculpture bases, ashtrays, cabochons... etc.

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not sure what its purpose but it has the same look and power grinder workmanship methods as Mexican marble chessmen found in Tijuana tourist shops.

Design is typical Inca style.

Agreed.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread