May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excalibur, White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I stopped by a Clothes Mentor at lunch and spied this one for $6. Sterling ring with 18kt gold flower accents and 1.5 carats peridot with a white topaz accent in the center. Quite a few listed on eBay for around $90. Nicely made piece.
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1451415822.663262.jpg
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1451415835.030719.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1451415844.524384.jpg

captain flintlock

Jul 21, 2015
Detector(s) used
Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Another great lunchtime score for you!! $6.00 is a deal!!

billjustbill

Bronze Member
Feb 23, 2008
Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab SN/XS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great $6 find!! I'm not familiar with the "Clothes Mentor" name. What kind of store is it?

With jewelry like that, I always get a "Good", but mixed feeling :confused: when finding it at garage sale prices. I find that Black Hills Gold has a lot of the same type of mixed metals like Sterling with a 14kt gold overlay. I hate thinking about getting just silver prices and/or the tiny fractional gram weight of gold, but getting it separated just seemed wasteful for both labor and artistic appeal with the amounts of PMs' that's there.

If you're not keeping it, I've decided that reselling it as a piece of nice jewelry would be better, at least until the metal prices skyrocket passed the old record levels... :icon_sunny: I remember when local "We Buy Gold" signs started buying Gold Filled jewelry as gold hit its peak.

Bill

OP
OP
JimDon

JimDon

Silver Member
May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excalibur, White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Clothes mentor buys clothes from people and then resells it. I just listed the ring online starting at $55 and received a bid in 15 minutes.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread