jerseyben

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2010
NJ Pine Barrens
Detector(s) used
T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
I have not posted in a LONG time and I feel bad about that.

Went to a coin show today. It was somewhat of a bust so I decided to stop by a long time source where I have been buying jewelry and coins for years.

Pictured is what I bought for a total of $60. ALL sterling.

-owl ring
-butterfly ring
-taxco screwback earrings
-small sterling pendant
-signed "baruch-k" necklace with freshwater pearls and sterling
-elsa peretti tiffany 925 necklace with pendant

This is something that I do not normally do in my posts... I would be curious to hear from the various jewelry folks that post in this section as to how I did. What do you think each piece is worth?

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• IMG_4106.JPG
    IMG_4106.JPG
    168.6 KB · Views: 121
  • IMG_4107.JPG
    IMG_4107.JPG
    157.1 KB · Views: 126

2Minnesota

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2008
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark, Whites 5900/Di Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think you did fine. The Elsa necklace will make your money back if selling. The other necklace I found two marked the same for sale but none sold so hard to know on that what someone would buy it for. The inlaid rings I wouldn't spend more than $1 on personally but again I don't know what they would sell for.

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
jerseyben,

If you do an ebay search just the tiffany pendant will more than pay for your purchase price with the rest being gravy.

Regards + HH

Bill

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd say go back to that place more often. Tiffany necklace should do well seeing as Valentine's Day soon. The Baruch k I have never heard of before. But they look like they're pretty highly priced. Owl ring should do better than the butterfly which they seem to be pretty collectibles... Little owls! The screw backs I normally sell for like 10 bucks though. Maybe 15. Nice job! Well worth the $60

JimDon

Silver Member
May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excalibur, White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My guess is about $250 but that is a shot in the dark,

Baltimore

Feb 18, 2013
Maryland/Vermont
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Put "Twin Peaks" in the listing when you sell the owl ring, the show has a fanatic and huge fan base and owls are a common symbol in the show.

BagLady

Bronze Member
Mar 13, 2015
Mississippi
Detector(s) used
cheap
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The chip inlay of turquiose and coral were classic Zuni Indian in the 70's/80's. That should be silver. Are they marked? They used to make a lot of them and sell pretty cheap.
I would think about $20-30 for them now...? Just a guess.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Ben. Each piece- The Tiffany should get a quick $75 from the looks of completed similar ones w/o the box. I would think maybe about the same for the Baruch-K necklace. Doesn't seem to be much of a following for his work, but it does have a Modernist/Brutalist look to it. Several pieces listed but none selling recently. Ugly as all get out imo, but someone may like the look. I'd probably list it for $50 myself. The earrings, $15-$20. The rings $10-$20, tops. The pendant $5-$10 tops.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread