Would you...

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is a community sale tomorrow by my house. Starts at 8 AM and I know there will be a line starting at seven. However there's a huge shopping center right next-door so I'm thinking about taking my bicycle in my van parking at the shopping center I'm riding through before it even opens! Only taking a backpack this way I only buy the small things and less I pay for it and go back and pick it up. Bad idea?

buzzhead

Sep 23, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nope. Whatever gets you there first works. No shame in this game!

OP
OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just checked the yard sale site and one person posted a Nintendo DS with 35 games for 35 bucks.... I probably won't sleep tonight. Lol

kali_is_my_copilot

Feb 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is a great idea that I have considered for community sales before, let us know how it goes!

nathan104

Feb 23, 2006
Emory TX
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS, AT Pro, propointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You have any idea how jealous I am of you people who have big community sales and lots and lots of sales to choose between? Around me, there my be 4 sales in the whole city and youll probably have to drive 30 miles total to hit all of them.

OP
OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sale time now is 7 am. To early for a bike. I'll be all alone at that time. I'll take it in case it is still 8

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The couple community sales I've been to I did better showing up at the end or going back at the end. Lots of folks saying just take it or give me a buck.

OP
OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I did not do so hot, although I got some things to resell, small gold necklace and 2 10k rings. Also the gates opened at 6 am. I'm not that crazy and a lot of people were open at 6 too. I got there at 6:45. So the bike idea would have worked but they were open already.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions