Make it my mission

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
At these community yard sales to find one kid who selling cookies or bagels, lemonade some kind of snack during the sale. There's always one. Well I found one today that had pastries and bagels. And I learned my lesson!!! At about 730 this lady was selling cupcakes and I ate one... I have never gotten so sick so fast. By 8 o'clock I was at home in bed and I slept until about 3 o'clock in the afternoon. My stomach still hurts and I have no appetite. Ruined my day for sure...

I guess I'll pack my lunch from now on.

captain flintlock

Jul 21, 2015
Detector(s) used
Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
At these community yard sales to find one kid who selling cookies or bagels, lemonade some kind of snack during the sale. There's always one. Well I found one today that had pastries and bagels. And I learned my lesson!!! At about 730 this lady was selling cupcakes and I ate one... I have never gotten so sick so fast. By 8 o'clock I was at home in bed and I slept until about 3 o'clock in the afternoon. My stomach still hurts and I have no appetite. Ruined my day for sure...

That sucks!! I'm a former chef and know a bit about food poisoning from training. What you had wasn't from the cupcake. Food poisoning,( and there are many varieties), usually take at least 6-8 hours to take effect. More than likely it was from something the day/night before. It still sucks to feel crapy just as you start the hunt! Hope all is well now!!

bigcaddy64

Apr 20, 2013
Fullerton, CA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

God that sucks but i still am laughing about it. I don't think there is much ingredient-wise in cupcakes that could make you sick because they are cooked. Maybe she used some really old ingredients like what we found in my great grandmothers house when we cleaned it out. There was food stuffs that she was cooking with that had expired in the 60s! The best was the artifical sweetners that all contained cyclamate which are all banned in the US.

BagLady

Bronze Member
Mar 13, 2015
Mississippi
Detector(s) used
cheap
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So sorry to hear this. I had food poisoning once, and I know how awful and painful it is.

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
maybe the cupcakes were from a sale last week

mxh5891

Feb 27, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds to me you just had the flu. Cupcake was just a coincidence.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread