Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Longines 14K white gold case men's wristwatch

I'm sitt'n here this morn admiring my latest pawn shop acquisition. It's a mid 50s men's 14K gold case-diamond dial Longines I negotiated down to $178.74.. I would think it would sell on eBay in the $300-375 range. Runs good for a mechanical. Dial is age spotted, but all original. The case alone should be in the weight range of 4.0 to 4.9 grams. I haven't seen a deal on any men's gold cased wristwatches in a while, so I paid up on this one.

Attachments

• IMG_20160124_072923.jpg
    IMG_20160124_072923.jpg
    628.9 KB · Views: 131
Last edited:

captain flintlock

Jul 21, 2015
Detector(s) used
Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice buy! I would think at least $300 being a nice vintage gold watch.

JimDon

Silver Member
May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excalibur, White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

bigcaddy64

Apr 20, 2013
Fullerton, CA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice! I found a box at a sale once and I knew it was a retirement gift watch. When I saw the Longines logo, I got really excited. 5.00 later I was in my truck ready to claim my prize. It wasn't gold and if I memory serves, it wasn't even a windup. I guess the guy was an ass because it was a pretty low grade "going away" watch but I still wear it due to its extremely thin profile. I think it's about 1/8" thick.

I would have that thing serviced and wear it! Gold watches look great when they are all shined up and mechanical watches were meant to be worn.

OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice! I found a box at a sale once and I knew it was a retirement gift watch. When I saw the Longines logo, I got really excited. 5.00 later I was in my truck ready to claim my prize. It wasn't gold and if I memory serves, it wasn't even a windup. I guess the guy was an ass because it was a pretty low grade "going away" watch but I still wear it due to its extremely thin profile. I think it's about 1/8" thick.

I would have that thing serviced and wear it! Gold watches look great when they are all shined up and mechanical watches were meant to be worn.
I started collecting and picking up vitage wrist and pocket watches going back to the late 70s. Then when I got a traveling job and I would find even more in the towns I went through. I'd resell some to estate jewelry stores and buy from them also. Most I found were in the pawn shops. Then came the Internet and eBay. I started selling many I had. They brought good prices and today they bring even more. Today the older mechanicals just don't come around all that often, especially the gold ones. When they do and the price is right you best pick em up. I have a few vintage goldfilled ones and been hanging on to those. I have a small pile of vintage Seiko's and those still come around the thrift stores every now and then. Some of those I have would sell in the $150. to $250 range. Even the early 70s LCD and LED wristwatches are good money makers today. I found an early Pulsar LED at a thrift store for $8.00 with dead batteries as it takes two that sold for $185.00 as-is. Still ever now then a thrift store will produce a money maker in the watches section. Most though are modern quartz junk. I have spent the money having some fixed up, but found I don't really recoop the cost all that much in selling them. When I sell this it will be as-is. It runs excellent and collectors are frowning on cleaned up redials these days. Original state is what many want now.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread