Silver, gold and Mario!!

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My 2 buddies and I hit a community sale this weekend. Looking on the map we knew was gonna be a fun day. Didn't realize there was going to be 400 yard sales and I would blow through $700 by 12 o'clock. But with that said I am very happy with what I bought! The first half of that I was nothing but video games. Seem like every house had video games so I just started taking out the ones I wanted.

I have never seen so many Mario games in one location ever! There was also a Zelda game but that sold already for $36! 8 mario
2 Pokemon 2 ds consoles. And a Apple TV.

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1453691265.483967.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1453691290.750035.jpg
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1453691497.911688.jpg

Little bit of silver jewelry this lady had this glass bracelet Mark Japan but one link was broken. Looking online similar ones I sold for $250 or more. This one was a whopping $3 dollars. Also there was these forks. Lady said 3 people looked at them and said they were plated silver. I look at them and said and instead of $12 will you take five. This was the very last sale we hit. Marked MAB with French or British hallmarks. YEP! Their silver!!

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1453691696.791376.jpg
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1453691794.111740.jpg
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1453691845.281369.jpg

Then one other house. Lady is talking about her scrap gold. Waiting for the cash for gold guy.. I over hear here and ask if I can take a look and maybe make an offer.. I spent $500... No scale no test kit. Just winging it. 38 gram 14k. 12 gram 18k. 1 gram 10k.

18k gold Tiffany and co earrings. Two bracelets some earrings and rings...

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1453692097.393435.jpg

Not all pictured.. Some got put away in the scrap bin

. ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1453692221.160648.jpg

Center ring is very good diamonds. Jeweler put it at $550+ resale. Had a great time and I hope you enjoy the pictures. And I wish good luck to everyone else who goes out in the future!!

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1453692364.246083.jpg

OP
OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No kidding. One house had every game made i think for wii and ds. I just bought a couple of them through. It was nuts!

BagLady

Bronze Member
Mar 13, 2015
Mississippi
Detector(s) used
cheap
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow! Just the ones you mentioned were well over an ounce. Good for you!

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's quite a haul

captain flintlock

Jul 21, 2015
Detector(s) used
Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's impressive!! The spoons look to be English but the photo of the marks is a bit blurry. Here's a link that might help. Nice haul of gold too!! And here I sit in the frozen freakin tundra of southern New England just waiting for yard sale season to begin!! [emoji31]

http://www.925-1000.com/british_marks.html

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds. I haven't been to any sales since I met fellow member cheese the weekend before last and that was the only sale I went to that weekend. Figure I need to concentrate on selling what I already have versus buying more inventory. I have stored up about 100 or so pieces of old pyrex milk glass from the 60's-70's that I am going to sell to a local buyer this week, hopefully.

However... I think i'm going to start going to Lehigh Acres and vicinity to look for jewelry from now on though, lol. j'king :tongue3:

OP
OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds. I haven't been to any sales since I met fellow member cheese the weekend before last and that was the only sale I went to that weekend. Figure I need to concentrate on selling what I already have versus buying more inventory. I have stored up about 100 or so pieces of old pyrex milk glass from the 60's-70's that I am going to sell to a local buyer this week, hopefully.

However... I think i'm going to start going to Lehigh Acres and vicinity to look for jewelry from now on though, lol. j'king :tongue3:

I have a lot of inventory as well. Kinda getting low on cash too.

I would love if you came here. I'll even let you drive! I go to community sales this time of year. More bang for the gas money.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a lot of inventory as well. Kinda getting low on cash too.

I would love if you came here. I'll even let you drive! I go to community sales this time of year. More bang for the gas money.
Been kind of dead on this side of the state actually. I've been reading the ads just in case I do find something that may be worth going to.

OP
OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For the record, the gold is nice.. But as far as reselling... I have made back all the money + some on the games. I have sold 4. Sold 0 of the jewelry. In 2 days.

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Heh... cool scores...

I went to a sale awhile back and there was a box under a table that had an original Atari 2600 with games and controllers in it...
I asked her if it worked...
She said she did not know...
I said how much ?
She said... take it... I don't want it.

Gladly.

20 games... all the best ones... from Pac man... Space Inv... Pitfall... etc.
2 sets controllers. orig... and the big ones.

NO power cord... So I am on the hunt for one.

Punatic

Feb 25, 2014
norcal
Primary Interest:
Other
Ya take them all! Bundle to get and then sell individually with a best offer. They fly...

JimDon

Silver Member
May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excalibur, White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great score. That was a real lowball on the forks though.

OP
OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great score. That was a real lowball on the forks though.

I dunno, I listened to the seller.. She said others said they were plated. She said they were plated. I made an offer as if they were plated hoping they were sterling. No loop, it was a 50/50 chance she was right or wrong... She was wrong. If I knew 100% they were sterling. I would have paid her the $12 she was asking. That's not something that would sit at a community sale at 1:00 pm if they were strait out marked sterling.

jerseyben

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2010
NJ Pine Barrens
Detector(s) used
T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
Heh... cool scores...

I went to a sale awhile back and there was a box under a table that had an original Atari 2600 with games and controllers in it...
I asked her if it worked...
She said she did not know...
I said how much ?
She said... take it... I don't want it.

Gladly.

20 games... all the best ones... from Pac man... Space Inv... Pitfall... etc.
2 sets controllers. orig... and the big ones.

NO power cord... So I am on the hunt for one.

2 summers ago I was hitting yard sales in my local area HARD. I managed to score Atari stuff multiple times. At the end of the summer I had a box full of it. Sadly, the consoles ended up being impossible to sell and worth very little. The games were pretty much the same story save for a 1 or 2.

I ended up dumping it ALL for $20 and taking a loss.

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just want to play it with my girl... screw selling :P

jerseyben

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2010
NJ Pine Barrens
Detector(s) used
T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
I just want to play it with my girl... screw selling :P

I hardly sell any of my finds but video games is something I always buy but don't necessarily collect. I usually trade my video games for coins with a friend.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread