Huge UFO library found, how to value?

batcap

Jun 22, 2010
Baltimore MD
Detector(s) used
AT PRO
Hi everyone,

I came across three bookcases full of mostly UFO books. I haven't counted, but it is 5 boxes filled to the limit of my ability to carry them out to the car. Mixture of hardbacks and soft covers, most are in pretty good condition. I asked the guy "How much for all?" His answer: $20. I paid and went to work on getting them out of a finished basement.

I know some of you deal in books, how do you quickly evaluate a book? I have Amazon Flow on my iPhone, it identifies the book quickly but so many of them are "Not available through Flow" that it feels like I'm wasting my time. How do you do it? Any help would be much appreciated.

kingskid1611

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2015
Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good question, I have lots of books that Amazon doesn't have in flow and just gave up. Sit on the books and think of ways to get rid of them. Maybe we will get an answer.

FC-Treasure

Sep 9, 2011
Northern VA
Probably take awhile to sell, but there are buyers for this category of books. Some people are selling small box lots of UFO related books on eBay and the prices are decent. e.g. 13 hardbacks for $40, 9 for $30, etc.

(Link removed by mod)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
If you're a Charter Member to TNet you can sell here. That's an option I wouldn't overlook. 99% of everything you see through Charter Membership sale & trade is completely legit, perhaps even higher. No Ebay fees here either. And one whole heck of a lot of members here are into the truth about UFO's.

Personally, I've bought and sold from here with a great deal of trust. Ebay..... Sometimes that's a gamble. I tend to look at "stalwart" versus a crap shoot. Whole lot of negative energy dwelling in Ebay...

OP
OP
B

batcap

Jun 22, 2010
Baltimore MD
Detector(s) used
AT PRO
I've been looking at some other Amazon scanning apps but they all require you to have a business account with Amazon. I'm not interested in doing that. I like doing my taxes on the short form in about 12 minutes with TurboTax, and that would go out the window.
After doing a more careful job of sorting, it comes to 90 books directly related to UFOs, Aliens, Abductions, UFO conspiracy against earth, US Government UFO conspiracy to hide facts, etc. 31 of which are hardbacks, every one with a dust jacket with hardly a tear in the lot.
There are quite a few unexplained mysteries of the universe, psychic warrior, alternate realities, talking to angels, new age, spiritualist, Edgar Cayce, Kabbalah type books that aren't pure UFO/Alien. Further sorting and counting required.

FC-Treasure - I have an eBay account, and I noticed those, you're right about UFO book lots. I'm leaning towards going for the biggest pure UFO/alien lot ever and see what happens.

DeepseekerADS - I have been a charter member and will be again. Charter membership unlocks some great features at TreasureNet. Highly recommended.

Beans

Bronze Member
May 31, 2008
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found about 20 UFO books once at a TS. Had no problem selling them on ebay. Some were common and other were not. I did not make a fortune on them but turned a good profit.

GibH

Silver Member
May 17, 2009
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Surf PI Pro/MXT/Quattro/Sovereign XS2 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You can always check AbeBooks as well.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread