Mens Rolex & Fossil Watch

spyguy

Jan 30, 2006
Men's Rolex & Fossil Watch

Rolex.JPG Rolex & Fossil.JPG
Picked these two beauties up together in a plastic bag at the second of only two garage sales I went to today. The Rolex which ticks really fast (fake I assume) runs like a top and is keeping good time so far. The Fossil appears to just need a battery to get going. Both are in immaculate condition and look barely worn with no scratches or other blemishes. The bands are clean and functional too. So imagine my surprise when the lady only wanted $5 for the bag! There was another lower end looking Fossil not running and with no band in there as well. Any thoughts on value would be appreciated.... I know even a fake Rolex has more value than I've got invested, but I'll probably keep it. Got that initial rush that comes with making a great find which we all know is priceless!
HH
-spyguy

UBHSTRY

Tenderfoot
Feb 21, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fake rolex really only value is what someone might give you. Are sure its a fake to begin with? Does the second hand, *tick* or sweep smoothly? thats a start......and all rolex have a ss number inside of them, registered to the owner.....or atleast first owner....LOL

JimDon

Silver Member
May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excalibur, White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Take the band off of the Rolex and see if there is a serial number between the lugs.

Uncle Jeff

May 28, 2013
Tampa, Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro -
Garrett Pro Pinpointer AT -
TEKNETICS EUROTEK PRO -
Garrett Pro Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
real rolex will tick 10 times per second, giving it that sweeping second hand look, fake one will only tick once every second... well cheep fakes any way, I have seen better fakes that also have the sweeping second hand as well .. but that is a quick check to see if you need to investigate further.

thebirdflu

Aug 29, 2013
Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Ace 250, Garrett Pro Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had that exact fossil watch almost twenty years ago. It got water damage and quit even though it water resistant to 50ft. I have the same one with a red face that I've been wearing for over 15 years.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread