Where would you price this hat?

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I bought this at a yard sale, looks like it's never been worn. 1972 Boston Bruins Stanley Cup champion snapback hat. It's in perfect condition there's nothing else like it online.. So what do you think, should I just auction it for a high price? Or do A high buy it now and see if i get any offers?

I've had two hats in the past sell for about $45 each but I've gotten several emails on afterwards so I don't want to give this one away also. One of those hats someone offered $450 for it after it sold it but it was too late then. With another hats sit online for a year and never sell.

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1457462723.225865.jpg
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1457462752.053728.jpg
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1457462773.021174.jpg

dejapooh

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2012
Thousand Oaks, CA
Primary Interest:
Other
Auction it. Don't end it early. Starting price, $599.99. You will get watchest. If/when it doesn't sell, relist it (use the relist button so those watchers get an email) starting at $.99 The first time through will get their attention, the next time through will get their bids.

OP
OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Auction it. Don't end it early. Starting price, $599.99. You will get watchest. If/when it doesn't sell, relist it (use the relist button so those watchers get an email) starting at $.99 The first time through will get their attention, the next time through will get their bids.

Have you done this in the past and had good success with it?

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Couldn't be many around. Auction it with a high reserve. Bet you make a ton from some collector...

JimDon

Silver Member
May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excalibur, White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks brand new. Keep us updated

Baltimore

Feb 18, 2013
Maryland/Vermont
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This hat is not from the 70's, it is most likely a modern (90's) reproduction. This style of sports snapback was essentially unheard of at the time, any type of sports hat would have been fitted, and the only adjustable caps were promotional hats, usually agriculture related. Snap backs didn't really gain popularity until the mid 80's and they didn't really make it into promotional sports hats until the 90's. Very early adjustable hats would have been a leather or plastic strap with a metal buckle.

Regarding sports hats, there are very specific brands and designs of hats that sell for big money ($100+), and this does not appear to be one of them. It may be rare, but unfortunately rare usually doesn't mean extremely valuable. Bruins hats are fairly uncommon, so you could potentially get $50, Maybe $100 if the exact right buyer comes along, but $499 Is way more than anyone would realistically pay for this hat, in my opinion. I have sold thousands of hats so I have a pretty decent idea of the market.

Really not trying to be a bubble burster, just sharing my knowledge on the subject. It's a good find, I know I'd have been happy if I found it!

OP
OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I see what you say about it could be a remake. However when I looked up prices of hats made by the same company which is Annco there is a 1983 Miami dolphin Super Bowl snapback hat that's the same design and it would be a year after the one I have. So they could be possible that it's not a remake as well I would think? I value your opinion and I'm not trying to offend you. I just wanted to share the one I found that's like it but only NFL.
https://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/161996266097

Baltimore

Feb 18, 2013
Maryland/Vermont
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No offense taken at all! The Dolphins hat is also from the 90's, the only reason it says super bowl '73 is because that was the last super bowl that the Dolphins won. It seems that Annco made a bunch of commemorative championship hats in the 90's. That style of hat wasn't manufactured at the time.

OP
OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No offense taken at all! The Dolphins hat is also from the 90's, the only reason it says super bowl '73 is because that was the last super bowl that the Dolphins won. It seems that Annco made a bunch of commemorative championship hats in the 90's. That style of hat wasn't manufactured at the time.

Figures,,, there goes my dream of selling the stupidest thing, for a huge amount of money darn it! Thanks for your help! [emoji74]

Baltimore

Feb 18, 2013
Maryland/Vermont
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't worry about it, it's still a great buy! Try putting it up for $100 at least for a little bit, see if it gets any bites. Doesn't hurt to try!

jamey

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i need to my big ole Cleavland Indians hat.i think

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread