2Minnesota

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2008
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark, Whites 5900/Di Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1457490742.299684.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1457490756.499466.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1457490769.535656.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1457490782.964571.jpg

Hi all! My mom and her husband picked this up at a sale recently. She sent me the photos and this message

"We found this neat plaster or clay really heavy statue.**It is marked E Kaposta.**I have been looking and found bronzes by Eric Kaposta.**They sold for a lot.**I can't find any mass produced stuff.**How about putting it on treasure hunters for me.**It's about 10 inches tall and very heavy.**There are no chips like plaster stuff.**Could be clay.**Could you ask if anyone knows if it was mass produced in plaster and its value not being a bronze." (I have obviously spoke of this forum a lot ;))

We both have researched and I found this one that is exact with "smear" marks in the same places etc but it states it is bronze. Eric Kaposta Bronze Dog Sculpture : Lot 118

Thanks in advance for any insight on this!
PS- she did message Eric Kaposta via face book but no response yet.

Last edited:

BagLady

Bronze Member
Mar 13, 2015
Mississippi
Detector(s) used
cheap
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't know anything about that stuff, but , is it possible it could be pewter?

JimDon

Silver Member
May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excalibur, White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This looks like the original sculpture! Note the residual clay around the signature. This could be better than the bronze cast.

OP
OP
2Minnesota

2Minnesota

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2008
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark, Whites 5900/Di Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This looks like the original sculpture! Note the residual clay around the signature. This could be better than the bronze cast.

That is exactly what my mom was thinking!! Wouldn't that be great?!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread