$4.00 medical device sold for $644.

vwayne1

Jan 14, 2005
Eugene Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac
I just had to share. I went on the second day to a local estate sale, and this is one of the items that I found. It was four dollars. I found some similar sold on eBay but not the exact one. They sold originally and used on eBay for very high prices. So I set a high price on this one at $644 at auction. It sold for that opening bid. Medical devices and medical supplies. It is important to make sure that individuals can sell these items and not just licensed companies. ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1458436454.307955.jpg

billjustbill

Bronze Member
Feb 23, 2008
Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab SN/XS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just had to share. I went on the second day to a local estate sale, and this is one of the items that I found. It was four dollars. I found some similar sold on eBay but not the exact one. They sold originally and used on eBay for very high prices. So I set a high price on this one at $644 at auction. It sold for that opening bid. Medical devices and medical supplies. It is important to make sure that individuals can sell these items and not just licensed companies. View attachment 1287529

Great surprise and great job! In a nutshell, what is it? How old is it?

Thanks for sharing,
Bill

OP
OP
vwayne1

vwayne1

Jan 14, 2005
Eugene Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac
Most info on this is on the Internet. But basically a medical device that enhances your bodies natural healing powers I guess. Sounds hokey to me. Apparently Russia started an entire new town solely for the purpose of researching and developing this science and product. I always try to look up medical devices and supplies. A lot of them are big winners.

ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
2 Fisher CZ-21's 8 and 10" coils
Tesoro Tiger Shark 8 and 10" coils (Interchangeable)
Minelab E-Trac with Sun Ray Probe
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
WOW. that is a killer return on your investment. Fantastic

billjustbill

Bronze Member
Feb 23, 2008
Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab SN/XS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Most info on this is on the Internet. But basically a medical device that enhances your bodies natural healing powers I guess. Sounds hokey to me. Apparently Russia started an entire new town solely for the purpose of researching and developing this science and product. I always try to look up medical devices and supplies. A lot of them are big winners.

VW,

I have to say thank you for your good followup, and for originally posting your find. It got me to thinking on somewhat of a different level and then go back to a Sunday 1/2 price day at a local estate sale. It was still there; a primitive "shocking machine" repriced at $37.50..:tongue3:

Not near the sophistication level of yours, but a generic one like I distantly remember that my German grandfather had and Dad brought home when their estate was settled.... The one I bought Sunday has all the cloth insulated extension cables, both wet sponges/wooden handles, flat palm plate, 2 finger guards made to go over individual digits, and even a hairbrush with electrified metal bristles..... It still has one of the original dry-cell telephone batteries. It's almost identical to this Ebay link:

Quack Medical Device Unbranded Faradic Battery Fair to Good Condition | eBay

Thanks again for your details,
Bill

PS.... There is some current research that points to new insights on what we once thought "hokey". They are now spinning down bone marrow harvested from your thigh bone and extracting about 1/3 of a Coke can's volume of Stem Cells. These stem cells are being injected into knee, leg, and foot joints where they regenerate the damage cartilage itself. Some fellows I know aren't having much luck with this newly Medicare approved surgery and are being sent to a doctor that uses those super thin acupuncture needles with low electric voltages at different frequencies to stimulate the T-cells into doing their regeneration...

Last edited:

dejapooh

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2012
Thousand Oaks, CA
Primary Interest:
Other
I know people who have made killings on new and used medical devices. I shy away from them for liability reasons. You may be allowed to sell them, but you could also be sued if they do not work properly and cause harm.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread