Gorham Haul Today!

Spartcom5

Feb 2, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got back from an estate sale today... Open for about 3 hours before I even got there. They had been holding all the sterling in the back until someone asked to see it so I got first dibs on all of it. Was able to buy everything except for like 5-6 more spoons, unknown makers, didn't have enough cash lol oh well. I pulled out all of the Gorham and I paid 4 buck a piece for each so $84 total. The butter knives are awesome, its the full set, and has the original bag they came in which is really cool. Total of $200 melt value for everything. Some lady tried to make an offer on the knives as I was buying them! Any of you have this happen? Someone trying to beat your offer when you had already struck a deal?
20160401_133500.jpg 20160401_134918.jpg 20160401_134945.jpg 20160401_135007.jpg

captain flintlock

Jul 21, 2015
Detector(s) used
Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great score and price as well!! As far as the last question- yes!! A few years ago I was actually holding a model wooden airplane in my hands and asked the yard sale person how much. After the person told me the price, one of the few sleez ball dealers said " sold, I'll take it"!! I threw the object down, drew my cutlass and proceeded to gut him like a fish!! Well, that's what I wanted to do!! I just shook my head and walked away. The guy is a known scumbag in the area. I didn't want the model that much anyway so no loss. ☠

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread