North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max
Garrett Ace 250
Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
1920's mail truck

I found this today for $15. I was exited that I got it for that price. I believe it's a republic mail truck circa 1922. But I'm not sure. It's made out of pressed steel. Also I think it was supposed to have a friction motor in it. If anyone has any info and has a value please let me know.
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1459636312.308579.jpg
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1459636363.538006.jpg
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1459636388.595336.jpg

Kevlardini

May 18, 2015
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Fisher F-4
Vulcan 360 Pinpointer
Garret Treasure Ace 300
I started of using a bounty hunter junior! :)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WOW! despite it being a bit banged up and dirty, I absolutely LOVE that piece. Obviously it's not going to be worth as much if it is missing a friction motor, but for $15 I'd say you did good!
Personally what I would do is give it a light cleaning, and see if any of the dents could be bent back. Then I would put it on a shelf and admire it.
But value wise, I can't give you an accurate price, but combining my knowledge of toys and being a frequent antique store shopper, I'd say maybe at least close to $50. Who knows though, it could be worth a whole lot more!

OP
OP
luke_00

luke_00

Jun 15, 2015
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max
Garrett Ace 250
Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WOW! despite it being a bit banged up and dirty, I absolutely LOVE that piece. Obviously it's not going to be worth as much if it is missing a friction motor, but for $15 I'd say you did good!
Personally what I would do is give it a light cleaning, and see if any of the dents could be bent back. Then I would put it on a shelf and admire it.
But value wise, I can't give you an accurate price, but combining my knowledge of toys and being a frequent antique store shopper, I'd say maybe at least close to $50. Who knows though, it could be worth a whole lot more!
Thanks. Ill try to clean it up the best i can without hurting it.

bdsawyer

Feb 25, 2014
North Dakota
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Most likely made by One of the many Dayton Ohio makers or by Schieble, they are called hillclimbers and would have a friction flywheel to keep it in motion. Great find for the price.

bdsawyer

Feb 25, 2014
North Dakota
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I would think $200 give or take, the last one that was rusted but complete sold for $175 via best offer

OP
OP
luke_00

luke_00

Jun 15, 2015
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max
Garrett Ace 250
Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would think $200 give or take, the last one that was rusted but complete sold for $175 via best offer
Thanks for the info!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread