Vintage KLH Model 20 Plus Turntable! This Thing is Cool!

bigcaddy64

Apr 20, 2013
Fullerton, CA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Since we have been dealing with some rain the past few days, I've been hanging around the house, catching up on chores and eBay stuff. Driving in the rain, in & near Los Angeles, could be classified as an extreme sport so I chose not to partake.

This record player was something I picked up last week and it was a total gamble when I did. I really have no idea what vintage audio gear is "good" since it's before my time. I recognized the name so I figured the cool looking stands made it worth the agreed upon price of 60.00

After some research today, it seems that I picked up a real gem and have to track down the speakers to really increase the value.

Has anybody ever found one of these before? Does anybody here happen to have a set of KLH model 20 plus speakers handy?

I guess I have to start reading more about audio gear in case I find something else for cheap

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    707.6 KB · Views: 2,081
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    792.2 KB · Views: 970
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    636 KB · Views: 694

64P1800

Jul 13, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Since we have been dealing with some rain the past few days, I've been hanging around the house, catching up on chores and eBay stuff. Driving in the rain, in & near Los Angeles, could be classified as an extreme sport so I chose not to partake.

This record player was something I picked up last week and it was a total gamble when I did. I really have no idea what vintage audio gear is "good" since it's before my time. I recognized the name so I figured the cool looking stands made it worth the agreed upon price of 60.00

After some research today, it seems that I picked up a real gem and have to track down the speakers to really increase the value.

Has anybody ever found one of these before? Does anybody here happen to have a set of KLH model 20 plus speakers handy?

I guess I have to start reading more about audio gear in case I find something else for cheap

Hi bigcaddy64,
Were you successfull in locating speakers for your 20+ system?
If not, would you consider selling the console and stands?
I own a 20 system and have been looking for a 20+ system.
Thank you in advance for your reply.
Regards.

Last edited:
OP
OP
B

bigcaddy64

Apr 20, 2013
Fullerton, CA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I did finally get the stands along with another player so now I'm hunting for a second set of speakers on stands. The. I'll have 2 of these units, one of which I plan on giving to my father in law.

Here is my 20+ complete in my dining room. I tried out some Mel Tillis and it sounds great but it will need some cleaning/servicing.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    795.7 KB · Views: 383

Beans

Bronze Member
May 31, 2008
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like to pick up vintage audio equipment. But I have no idea what I am buying. I bought Penncrest 8 track 3310 player yesterday, now I have to buy an 8 track to see if it works. One reason I bought it was the serial number was only 2 digits 00xx

64P1800

Jul 13, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello bigcaddy64,
System looks great and I'm sure it sounds great as well.
I have speakers but need player (center console).
Would you consider selling the other player?

64P1800

Jul 13, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello again bigcaddy64,
Have you found speakers yet to complete that second system?
If you find another center console player for sale please let me know.
Thank in advance.

jemilroy

Nov 17, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HI..bigcaddy..I have a pair of KLH Model 20plus speakers..no stands..maybe even the matching pair (there is a serial number on the back of your unit..002884). If you interested in buying or selling let me know I've had several model 20's and and other Henry Kloss KLH items..never the full model 20 plus..that is very special.

Phillb

Dec 21, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi.. Jemilroy. I'm new here at treasurenet..but ..I have the model 20 plus with no speakers. :( so I'd like to find a pair ) and I'm wondering if you sold your Model 20 Plus speakers ? Thank you.

Last edited:

GlenDronach

Bronze Member
Aug 21, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
These are awesome. They go great with Saarinen tulip tables and chairs.

I'd love to have a set, but they're pricey on the retail market.

OP
OP
B

bigcaddy64

Apr 20, 2013
Fullerton, CA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
These are awesome. They go great with Saarinen tulip tables and chairs.

I'd love to have a set, but they're pricey on the retail market.

There is a set on ebay now for 800 OBO. They are missing the tulip bases but its still a great stereo. I had mine gone through and it sounds fantastic now. Ill be playing some Miles Davis on it tomorrow night while enjoying the rain and Christmas tree

Baltimore

Feb 18, 2013
Maryland/Vermont
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like this thread is following a similar path as the "Cape Cod Ruby Glass" post. You know you found something good when a couple times per year random people from assorted corners of the internet make treasurenet accounts to comment and ask if it's still for sale.

Phillb

Dec 21, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Baltimore: ...just speaking for myself only I hope to enjoy the rest of what treasurenet.com has to offer. It just happens to be that a search for KLH speakers landed on this site which turned out to be interesting to me anyways.

Big caddy 64... I can only imagine listening to all my favorite jazz or classical on the model 20 +. Enjoy and thanks for mentioning eBay where many items are pricey compared to Craigslist.

OP
OP
B

bigcaddy64

Apr 20, 2013
Fullerton, CA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Baltimore: ...just speaking for myself only I hope to enjoy the rest of what treasurenet.com has to offer. It just happens to be that a search for KLH speakers landed on this site which turned out to be interesting to me anyways.

Big caddy 64... I can only imagine listening to all my favorite jazz or classical on the model 20 +. Enjoy and thanks for mentioning eBay where many items are pricey compared to Craigslist.

Well, I listened to Seven Steps last night, along with Afro by Dizzy Gillespie and it was really something to hear! I guess I'll be looking for more jazz records at sales

ryanmerc

Jul 23, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi bigcaddy64,
Were you successfull in locating speakers for your 20+ system?
If not, would you consider selling the console and stands?
I own a 20 system and have been looking for a 20+ system.
Thank you in advance for your reply.
Regards.

hi,

i have a complete klh 20 plus system. would you be still interested?

ryan

SeattleKenny

Aug 21, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would be, Ryan. I just finished restoring mine. Took 6 years, but am really happy with result and now have enough remnants to keep bringing these badboys back to life. WP_20170806_16_44_34_Rich.jpg

jaymx

Jun 25, 2023
@bigcaddy64 - digging up an ancient thread here… you don’t happen to still own the incomplete Model 20 Plus? I am restoring one and need two tulip stands. If you still have them and would be willing to part with them, please let me know. Thanks!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread