Vintage KLH Model 20 Plus Turntable! This Thing is Cool!
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Vintage KLH Model 20 Plus Turntable! This Thing is Cool!

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »

Apr 2013
    Fullerton, CA
    938 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

Vintage KLH Model 20 Plus Turntable! This Thing is Cool!

Since we have been dealing with some rain the past few days, I've been hanging around the house, catching up on chores and eBay stuff. Driving in the rain, in & near Los Angeles, could be classified as an extreme sport so I chose not to partake.

This record player was something I picked up last week and it was a total gamble when I did. I really have no idea what vintage audio gear is "good" since it's before my time. I recognized the name so I figured the cool looking stands made it worth the agreed upon price of 60.00

After some research today, it seems that I picked up a real gem and have to track down the speakers to really increase the value.

Has anybody ever found one of these before? Does anybody here happen to have a set of KLH model 20 plus speakers handy?

I guess I have to start reading more about audio gear in case I find something else for cheap
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	1516 
Size:	1.41 MB 
ID:	1297847   Click image for larger version. 

Views:	452 
Size:	1.58 MB 
ID:	1297848   Click image for larger version. 

Views:	541 
Size:	1.33 MB 
ID:	1297849  

us
    Feb 2015
    Yacolt WA
    EQ 800
    1691 times
    Nice score! And you got the stands? Sweet - Here's some speaker restroration info in case you find them. HH

https://silverfacestereo.com/2013/11...from-the-dead/

Jul 2016

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by bigcaddy64 View Post
    Since we have been dealing with some rain the past few days, I've been hanging around the house, catching up on chores and eBay stuff. Driving in the rain, in & near Los Angeles, could be classified as an extreme sport so I chose not to partake.

This record player was something I picked up last week and it was a total gamble when I did. I really have no idea what vintage audio gear is "good" since it's before my time. I recognized the name so I figured the cool looking stands made it worth the agreed upon price of 60.00

After some research today, it seems that I picked up a real gem and have to track down the speakers to really increase the value.

Has anybody ever found one of these before? Does anybody here happen to have a set of KLH model 20 plus speakers handy?

I guess I have to start reading more about audio gear in case I find something else for cheap
    Hi bigcaddy64,
    Were you successfull in locating speakers for your 20+ system?
    If not, would you consider selling the console and stands?
    I own a 20 system and have been looking for a 20+ system.
    Thank you in advance for your reply.
    Regards.
    Last edited by 64P1800; Jul 13, 2016 at 11:33 PM.

Apr 2013
    Fullerton, CA
    938 times
    I did finally get the stands along with another player so now I'm hunting for a second set of speakers on stands. The. I'll have 2 of these units, one of which I plan on giving to my father in law.

Here is my 20+ complete in my dining room. I tried out some Mel Tillis and it sounds great but it will need some cleaning/servicing.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpeg 
Views:	296 
Size:	1.86 MB 
ID:	1336346  

us
    Jul 2014
    Upstate New York
    79 times
    LOL! My parents had this IDENTICAL KLH system in our house for YEARS! IDENTICAL!! Oh the memories

us
    May 2008
    Oklahoma
    Ace 250
    944 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    I like to pick up vintage audio equipment. But I have no idea what I am buying. I bought Penncrest 8 track 3310 player yesterday, now I have to buy an 8 track to see if it works. One reason I bought it was the serial number was only 2 digits 00xx

Jul 2016
    Hello bigcaddy64,
    System looks great and I'm sure it sounds great as well.
    I have speakers but need player (center console).
    Would you consider selling the other player?

Jul 2016
    Hello again bigcaddy64,
    Have you found speakers yet to complete that second system?
    If you find another center console player for sale please let me know.
    Thank in advance.

Nov 2016
    HI..bigcaddy..I have a pair of KLH Model 20plus speakers..no stands..maybe even the matching pair (there is a serial number on the back of your unit..002884). If you interested in buying or selling let me know I've had several model 20's and and other Henry Kloss KLH items..never the full model 20 plus..that is very special.

Dec 2016
    Hi.. Jemilroy. I'm new here at treasurenet..but ..I have the model 20 plus with no speakers. so I'd like to find a pair ) and I'm wondering if you sold your Model 20 Plus speakers ? Thank you.
    Last edited by Phillb; Dec 21, 2016 at 01:27 AM. Reason: Add word "your"

Aug 2012
    868 times
    These are awesome. They go great with Saarinen tulip tables and chairs.

I'd love to have a set, but they're pricey on the retail market.
    "The right to swing my fist ends where the other man's nose begins." Oliver Wendell Holmes.

Apr 2013
    Fullerton, CA
    938 times
    Quote Originally Posted by accordselux View Post
    These are awesome. They go great with Saarinen tulip tables and chairs.

I'd love to have a set, but they're pricey on the retail market.
    There is a set on ebay now for 800 OBO. They are missing the tulip bases but its still a great stereo. I had mine gone through and it sounds fantastic now. Ill be playing some Miles Davis on it tomorrow night while enjoying the rain and Christmas tree
    GlenDronach likes this.

us
    Feb 2013
    Maryland/Vermont
    475 times
    Looks like this thread is following a similar path as the "Cape Cod Ruby Glass" post. You know you found something good when a couple times per year random people from assorted corners of the internet make treasurenet accounts to comment and ask if it's still for sale.
    diggummup likes this.

Dec 2016
    Baltimore: ...just speaking for myself only I hope to enjoy the rest of what treasurenet.com has to offer. It just happens to be that a search for KLH speakers landed on this site which turned out to be interesting to me anyways.

Big caddy 64... I can only imagine listening to all my favorite jazz or classical on the model 20 +. Enjoy and thanks for mentioning eBay where many items are pricey compared to Craigslist.

Apr 2013
    Fullerton, CA
    938 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Phillb View Post
    Baltimore: ...just speaking for myself only I hope to enjoy the rest of what treasurenet.com has to offer. It just happens to be that a search for KLH speakers landed on this site which turned out to be interesting to me anyways.

Big caddy 64... I can only imagine listening to all my favorite jazz or classical on the model 20 +. Enjoy and thanks for mentioning eBay where many items are pricey compared to Craigslist.
    Well, I listened to Seven Steps last night, along with Afro by Dizzy Gillespie and it was really something to hear! I guess I'll be looking for more jazz records at sales

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links