1928 Coca Cola Calendar

Spartcom5

Feb 2, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey guys picked this up at an antique store. I thought it looked very cool! Might have overpaid at $60 though... I didn't really get a good look at it until I got home, it has nice eye appeal when looking at it but the condition isn't good. Just look at the back of it all the tape and reinforcement. I still want to get this framed or shrink wrapped on a backboard. Anybody have experience with framing something like this? What should I do? Needs to be archival safe... Any suggestions would be great!
20160418_173551_resized.jpg 20160418_173727_resized.jpg

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I could see that selling more then $60 on a good day. I just sold this little bisque figure that all indications said it should have sold for over a $100. but it topped out at only $63.88. I only paid $4 and change, so it was a profit, but I'm sure it could of done better on a different day. Just really hard to say how this item of yours would do? Was your $60 worth the risk? Maybe so. :dontknow: As for dumping more money into things I personally have become more of a as-is where is type. I just sold this ladies Raymond Weil watch I picked up at a TS for $8.00. When I got it I thought a new bat and I'm good to make maybe a hundred bucks out of it? I had a new battery for it, but after I installed it was a no go. I'm like wtf ??? so I took it to the local jeweler to see if he had any idea on it? He put a new bat in and still no go. He then looked closely and asked did I open it as he said the circuit coil is scared. I'm sure I didn't do it, but it's screwed up all the same. Looking online I could have got a new Swiss ETA movement for under $30. and maybe risk getting more out of it, but I chose not to do all that and sell it as an easy fix busted watch. It sold as-is for $65.50 and is in route to Australia right now and I'm pleased with that. Putting more money in to things is always more risk IMO. Totally your call :icon_thumleft:

Attachments

• raymond watch 1.jpg
    raymond watch 1.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 116
  • raymond watch 6.jpg
    raymond watch 6.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 110
Last edited:

GibH

Silver Member
May 17, 2009
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Surf PI Pro/MXT/Quattro/Sovereign XS2 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My daughter had to get a couple of pieces matted and framed recently. She has them entered into a student honors art show. Luckily she was referred to a local framing shop that beat Michael's and Hobby Lobby by about 70%. If you have a college near by with a graphics art dept, give them a call and see if there is a local shop they recommend.

I'd only do it if I were planning on keeping it. I don't think I'd sink any more money into it for resale.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd only do it if I were planning on keeping it. I don't think I'd sink any more money into it for resale.
That's what I was going to say also. Nice calendar though. I found a calendar on Sunday from 1922, nice graphics but it wasn't a Coca-Cola one.

CladSpends2

Jan 11, 2010
Wilton, Maine
Detector(s) used
White's M6
Not to steal your thread, but your calendar find reminds me of a question I have always had. 11 months of the year are missing. I have always avoided calendars that aren't complete or used it as a bargaining tactic, am I wrong? I haven't bought many....have a Marylin Monroe nude from the 50's or early sixties that is complete....think I have passed on another pinup one from WW2 era that started on April and the guy wouldn't dicker....in fact, I think his wife had put it out for sale and he rescued it when I found it in a box of papers and tried to get a price for it. Does it matter?? Sorry for the off subject question and thank you for any input.

T.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not to steal your thread, but your calendar find reminds me of a question I have always had. 11 months of the year are missing. I have always avoided calendars that aren't complete or used it as a bargaining tactic, am I wrong? I haven't bought many....have a Marylin Monroe nude from the 50's or early sixties that is complete....think I have passed on another pinup one from WW2 era that started on April and the guy wouldn't dicker....in fact, I think his wife had put it out for sale and he rescued it when I found it in a box of papers and tried to get a price for it. Does it matter?? Sorry for the off subject question and thank you for any input.

T.
I think for the most part old calendars are collected/purchased for the graphics and/or the advertising they depict, ie- subject matter. I'm sure that a full calendar would sell for more that an incomplete one of the same though.

billn1956

Jan 2, 2010
Any Wife that would be jealous of a calendar or pin up.Just is not worth the misery she will put you threw...GL @ HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread