Recent yard sale/market finds

ThinIce

Dec 1, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My girlfriend and I did some yard sale hunting today and found some neat stuff. Also included in the picture are some city market/thrift store finds from not so far back.

33uz8uw.jpg

14k gold ring, I paid a dollar for it. Cheap gawky jewellery isn't always what it seems. I'm assuming minus the stone, the ring weighs in between 2.5-3 grams. The ring total weighs 3.6 grams.

214pmkz.jpg

Other than the ring, I found an enameled sterling ring and a nice condition steel penny, 1943 s, both a dollar as well. The last ring on the far right was from a thrift store. 10k gold ring with a stone, most likely faceted quartz, for 12 bucks. Not the best find, but an alright deal.

10k ring weighs 1.16 grams with the stone
Enameled silver ring weighs 10 grams total

29kqqfo.jpg

Sterling spoons. The bottom 4 are a Gorham Sterling set I found at an estate sale. The bag was labeled sterling with the weight of 2.53 ounces. The lady asked for 19 dollars, so I gave it to her. She didn't seem to be concerned about pricing the spoons much cheaper than its weight. I haven't weighed the spoons for myself, but they're heavier than the rest of the spoons in my collection.

Top spoon was from Kansas City I went back in mid March for spring break trip. Says Anthony Kans on the mouthpiece of the spoons. Paid 3 bucks. Man who sold it to me had a bunch of plate spoons for 2, but he knew that one was sterling so asked for an extra dollar. Not complaining; it's quite a nice souvenir.

captain flintlock

Jul 21, 2015
Detector(s) used
Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those are great finds!! It's always nice to find gold..............cheap!!! Well done! ☠

JimDon

Silver Member
May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excalibur, White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Definitely some great buys.

Drmad7

Apr 26, 2014
Midwest
Primary Interest:
Other
Is that first spoon pattern Grand Baroque?! If so, that pattern brings in big money. Either way, great score.

OP
OP
T

ThinIce

Dec 1, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
EDIT: Turns out the 14k gold ring is plated, and not solid. My girlfriend took it in to a jeweler and was informed that it was fake. It's a costume jewellery ring that could still fetch for more than a dollar, but it's slightly disappointing that I didn't score a nice 50 dollar gold ring.

I'll probably keep this ring as a reference tool in spying out falsely marked metals. I did notice a copper wear at the bottom, but I didn't think much of it at the time. In any case, this 1 dollar ring possibly saves me from losing hundreds more.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions