Seiko DX watch help with this one

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm going to take this to my jeweler this week or next week to have it buffed out on the crystal. It's not very deep scratch but I think it will clean nice. I can't find any information on this watch. At least not as far as a value goes. All the sites I've read say it's a rare watch. Does that mean it's a rare watch worth 20 bucks or rare watch worth $150 or more than that? The model number is 6109 5009.

I'm not sure if he can clean up the band it's pretty scratched up but it is original. But I was just wondering if anyone's able to tell somewhat of a price on this sucker! [emoji517]

By the way it is working I have not figured out how to get to Saturday to change but it does turn because it has not been stuck on that for the last two weeks that I've had it. Any help would be appreciated, thank you

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1462073205.633058.jpg
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1462073235.845078.jpg
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1462073264.695950.jpg

JimDon

Silver Member
May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excalibur, White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think it's an interesting watching and a really nice one but I don't think it has much value. If it is a mechanical launch it would be worth more than a Quartz. My guess is somewhere in the hundred dollar range

OP
OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you, I don't know why didn't show any of them went to look for them. Unless you're not listed in the US I searched eBay all day... well not all day but you know long enough to have to try to find the same stinking watch. Thank you very much for your help. I'm going to watch that one that is on auction.

2Minnesota

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2008
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark, Whites 5900/Di Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you, I don't know why didn't show any of them went to look for them. Unless you're not listed in the US I searched eBay all day... well not all day but you know long enough to have to try to find the same stinking watch. Thank you very much for your help. I'm going to watch that one that is on auction.

I'm in the US. I entered the two sets of #'s with a - linking them. 6106-5009 ( or whatever they were. Lol

OP
OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just cleaned my office area and I found this watching again. It was like a Christmas present but I didn't open or I forgot I had. Man I have too much crap!

OP
OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Haha. That stinks. I put it in my case. It seems to keep really good time and just needs to Crystal buffed. I'll sell it someday.

ethanfez

Jun 15, 2013
Colorado
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just got an octagon one of these from 1983. Traded it for an $80 watch. Paid $2.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread