May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excalibur, White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I picked this up at an estate sale today for $2.50. I normally don't pick up Timex watches but it was a good looking Timex military face automatic. It had a black mark covering most of the face and a broken Speidel band. After I bought it, I went to the car And did a quick Internet search for this watch as a "Timex automatic military watch" and was shocked at the sold auction prices. I put a new band on it and cleaned up the dial with magic eraser and it looks and works great. Probably a $50-$75 watch as it is. It was a surprise to me for sure. ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1462144519.197420.jpg

Last edited:

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice find.

Give it a licking and see if it keeps ticking.

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I picked this almost nos looking Timex up in a TS in Montrose Colorado for two bucks. I have a pile of watches now and I was going through them like a month ago and decided put the Timex up on an auction starting at $14.95 and it sold for $41.00. If you look on highest Timex's sold you will find Timex did even produce a man's dress wristwatch with a 14K solid gold case. I wouldn't be surprised if someone stumbles on to one of those overlooked and in a thrift store show case sometime.?. Maybe, it'll be me who finds one of those gold Timex's someday :dontknow:

The guy who purchased mine sent a note in the eB messages saying how happy he was to get it, as he was a collector of vintage Timex watches.

This is the pos. feed I received from the Timex collector who won the auction:
Amazing watch, almost NOS. Best watch in my collection. Highly recommend vendor.

Attachments

• timex 1.jpg
    timex 1.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 163
  • timex 2.jpg
    timex 2.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 137
OP
OP
JimDon

JimDon

Silver Member
May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I picked this almost nos looking Timex up in a TS in Montrose Colorado for two bucks. I have a pile of watches now and I was going through them like a month ago and decided put the Timex up on an auction starting at $14.95 and it sold for $41.00. If you look on highest Timex's sold you will find Timex did even produce a man's dress wristwatch with a 14K solid gold case. I wouldn't be surprised if someone stumbles on to one of those overlooked and in a thrift store show case sometime.?. Maybe, it'll be me who finds one of those gold Timex's someday :dontknow:

The guy who purchased mine sent a note in the eB messages saying how happy he was to get it, as he was a collector of vintage Timex watches.

This is the pos. feed I received from the Timex collector who won the auction:
Amazing watch, almost NOS. Best watch in my collection. Highly recommend vendor.

That is wonderful. Thanks for the info on Gold Timex. I didn't know they made gold ones. I'll be taking Hardy look at them from now on.

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
You know, my dad always wore a Timex except for the time my mom bought him a Sears Tradition(which he didn't really like). I always thought they were junk, but boy was I wrong. Wish I could apologize to him now. Oh well, maybe someday...

OP
OP
JimDon

JimDon

Silver Member
May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You know, my dad always wore a Timex except for the time my mom bought him a Sears Tradition(which he didn't really like). I always thought they were junk, but boy was I wrong. Wish I could apologize to him now. Oh well, maybe someday...

My father-in-law just gave me his old Timex watch. it's a very interesting watch and I'll post a photo shortly.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was just checking out a bag of my of cheap watches yesterday. I've got a few Timex's in here to look at-

DSC05574 (1024x723).jpg DSC05575 (1024x763).jpg DSC05585 (1024x556).jpg

OP
OP
JimDon

JimDon

Silver Member
May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Timex Corp, has roots that go back to 1854 beginning with the Waterbury Clock Co. My first automatic was a Timex I got for Christmas many moons ago and I do have a stainless steel electric back wind Timex like that gold cased one, but it's only worth maybe a few bucks because it isn't running.

OP
OP
JimDon

JimDon

Silver Member
May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My father-in-law just gave me his old Timex watch. it's a very interesting watch and I'll post a photo shortly.

As promised here is my father-in-law's Timex watch from the 1970s. He is a short Italian guy but I couldn't understand why he went with such a small watch. ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1462300596.170872.jpg g

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Most typical WW2 military watches were of that size and that size was pretty standard up to the Vietnam war and then the American GIs discovered the Japanese Seiko's. One heck if a well made watch for less then a fine Swiss model. I once bought 6 pcs. of 1970s Seiko's at a yard sale from an older gentleman and he told me, he was an airline pilot during the time of the Vietnam war and he said he shuttled soldiers back and forth from Japan. He said he bought them all in Japan before they marketed the Seiko all over the US. From then on most wristwatches pretty much all on men's and women's wristwatches got bigger and cooler looking.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread