mens omega constellation

jochart

Jul 8, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went to a family run estate sale on Friday morning. I lined up on the driveway with the rest of the regulars and prepared for battle. There was lots of good stuff on the tables but I spied some watches and jewelry on the pay table. As soon as the guy said "we're open", I made a straight line to the pay table. I grabbed the omega box as soon as I saw the watch and the $15 price tag. I also got a Seiko 5 and a couple of cross pens for $7 more. I grabbed a few other things, the lady rounded me off to $40, I paid and went home. I inspected the omega and was shocked at it's pristine condition. The constellation was complete with box and papers. Everything is original and it keeps extremely accurate time. It's a cal. 751 24 jewel automatic, gold-capped, approx. 1970 and case is 35mm x 40mm. I'm pretty sure it's worth around 1k, but after wearing it all week-end, I ain't selling it. DSC_0045.JPG DSC_0041.JPG DSC_0042.JPG DSC_0053.JPG

GibH

Silver Member
May 17, 2009
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Surf PI Pro/MXT/Quattro/Sovereign XS2 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Holy crap, great score!

JimDon

Silver Member
May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excalibur, White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How the heck is this possible in this day and age with the internet. I dream of finds like this! Congrats.

ethanfez

Jun 15, 2013
Colorado
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice! I could have gotten a kind of beat up omega for $1 last weekend... I don't do watches so I didn't realize what it was until I got home to google. By then the sell was over.

Good buy for you this sale!

JimDon

Silver Member
May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice! I could have gotten a kind of beat up omega for $1 last weekend... I don't do watches so I didn't realize what it was until I got home to google. By then the sell was over.

Good buy for you this sale!

You are making me cry!! Buy any Omega for $1 even if it's toast or fake. You might be able to get some parts off of it.

Spartcom5

Feb 2, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Have you had this confirmed by a watch expert? Idk personally something seems odd here... That box first off I can't find it anywhere, second there should be T Swiss Made T like this Vintage Omega Constellation 14k Gold Plated Automatic Chronometer Mens Watch 518 | eBay, the hand are different as well which maybe different depending on the year but it adds to the suspicion, the crown seems different as well, also if the watch was kept in the box why is it rusting on the back around the case back... And if it is real I'd say more around 400-600, the ones that sell for close to 1k are solid gold and recently serviced. I hope it's real as I could be wrong! If you don't mind I could post some pictures on a watch forum and ask them what they think? Movement picture?

Edit: read this and see, I don't see the one you have anywhere on here if it is a 751cal. http://omega-constellation-collectors.blogspot.com/2010/06/omega-constellation-calibre-751.html
Edit: as I look at the pictures and other examples online I think it is real now. There are so many different varieties it's impossible! i like to try and do a little detective work even though half the time I'm wrong. Still post some movement pictures, you can look the serial number up and get a very accurate date on this. Plus I just saw the price tag on the box! That's really cool, with the box, papers, and a good condition watch I'd value this based off recent ebay sales 700-800. Maybe stretch it a little more toward 850.

Last edited:

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
The watch is right as rain. It does say Swiss Made, the "rust" is a decade or so of dirt and the box is right too. Congratulations on a great buy...

Spartcom5

Feb 2, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You should probably have it serviced before you wear it anymore, it could damage the watch. Expect to pay more than $150 for a good service. It is very important to have a COA done on it as it probably hasn't had one in quite some time. I think its crazy that you found this for $15 because a few days ago I found a Seamaster for $10 at a family run estate sale (mine needs work)! How crazy haha!! Post a wrist picture! Now if we could just find a Rolex or Patek Philippe for $15... dang!
20160506_174612_resized_1.jpg

Last edited:

JimDon

Silver Member
May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I paid $230 for mine on eBay. I should have looked harder. Mine is a 1957 500 Caliber. ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1462968528.638239.jpg

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice score. I think I have a man's omega quartz in my pile of watches. If I recall I got it in one of those thrift store bag-o-watches they put out sometimes. Had a nice constellation once, but listed it in the beginning of my eBay selling long ago. I started eBay with selling the watches I accumulated and now I wish I hadn't done that. :(

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions