Sterling silver

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So as you know I go to a ton of yard sales. Nonstop every weekend unless I'm sick Always looking for good stuff. Today was the flip, friend of ours had an estate sale so I set out a couple Mercury dimes and some sterling jewelry. The random dealers came through as they always do pick out a couple things but they can tell I knew what I was doing. After the dealers came through just the regular people that were looking to go to yard sales came through. The average Joe as you would call them. Out of probably the next 20 people who bought silver jewelry from me 12 of them were buying it because they were scared of the future of our country. Sitting there and having lots of time on my hands I decided to ask why they were buying. Five or six of them had no idea what they really look for except for the fact they wanted stuff that was solid silver and no stones. They paid whatever price I said. One lady in her 70s said she cashed out her company retirement and bought silver bars. She only wants silver to pass on to her family. Not really much point of my story other then it was very interesting seeing and hearing why other people bought silver. and all of them were 55 and older.

I mentioned to one lady that I just bought another flat of sterling silver yesterday, she mentioned she had one she would like to get rid of so we swapped phone numbers. I guess she does a lot of yard sales as well and says no one wants to buy silver at the pawnshops so she just keeps it. I said I'll take it off her hands!

Good luck tomorrow whoever goes out, I have another case ready to go for tomorrow.

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1463189014.124928.jpg
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1463189059.687647.jpg
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1463189089.221154.jpg

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats, that's good money. I'm not a very good salesman myself. That's why I sell on ebay. Did you have everything already priced and did you stray from those prices if so?

OP
OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats, that's good money. I'm not a very good salesman myself. That's why I sell on ebay. Did you have everything already priced and did you stray from those prices if so?

I basically did a $5 box and a $10 box sold a bunch of peace dollars (21) too. All 22s. In gonna go back tomorrow. Listed the sale as a Sterling silver blowout. All $5.

silverdollarbill

Aug 27, 2012
Dirty Jerz
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Outlaw
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow nice work.....I feel for the lady who cashed out her retirement for silver. The system is rigged and it would be nice if we could operate outside the system. But the powers that be will not allow that. While she thinks she made a smart decision there is a good chance she will get crushed. You have to play the game but hedge big time.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread