Unexpected gold and diamonds! Wow!

Spartcom5

Feb 2, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey guys may not be the biggest score of all time but definitely one of my most unexpected finds. Please read the story! I went to this estate sale at a mansion worth 4.5 million... Run by a company I had bought $200 worth of sterling for $80 few weeks ago because they didn't have a scale. So when I got there I went for the jewelry and might I say WOW. $8000 rings and absolutely unbelievable prices on some things. Everything weighed to the hundredths of a gram. Ton of sterling all marked with weight and the prices way over melt. There was a ton of gold and silver nobody was buying because it was so expensive, given it was a 4.5million house. Amazing stuff. I obviously couldn't afford anything since I had $150 cash and they only take cash. I looked at every single piece of jewelry searching for a hidden gem, they assured they didn't miss anything at all. However I spotted this weird flip flop pendant in the costume jewelry tray no price tag. Their costume jewelry was even expensive. I saw a crudely scratched 14k on the bottom of it, so I took it and wandered around the house for awhile. I went to the cash register to pay for it and got super nervous because I knew since it had no tag they'd have to check with the jeweler for a price. I was right and the cashier gave it back to the jeweler and I was guaranteed it was fake and it was pretty much worthless and they wanted $4. So at this point I just took it and checked out. I brought it to my local coin store for a test and I was expecting it to be fake so much!! When I handed it to be tested the guy said I may have hit the jackpot here. It tested..... Positive 14k plus all real high grade diamonds!! I was so happy haha such a nicely crafted custom pendant, especially since summer is coming up it will look amazing when I give it to my mom! Weighs 11 grams with 13 diamonds. One of the most unique/fun finds ever! Who would've thought this was gold!
image.jpg image.jpg

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Yes, but now there is a genie running around with only one shoe. Nice discovery though...

BagLady

Bronze Member
Mar 13, 2015
Mississippi
Detector(s) used
cheap
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WOW!!!! The detailing is really nice too. Lucky Mom to have such a generous Son.

OP
OP
S

Spartcom5

Feb 2, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Took this to a very reputable jeweler today who deals in some of the finest pieces I've seen. Apparently the diamonds on this are top notch and quite pricey, whoever had this made was a millionaire after all haha. They are smaller but there's 13 of them all identical and have amazing clarity and color. I don't know how to judge the quality of diamonds myself but they told me they could get $800-900 for it in their store. Might have to get this appraised?

silverdollarbill

Aug 27, 2012
Dirty Jerz
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Outlaw
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had to look at the pics again. It's much bigger than I originally thought. Ive seen that pendant at a smaller scale. That's big!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread