Old Ford metal

24k dreams

Oct 28, 2012
I am having some difficulty figuring out what exactly this is. Any help would be amazing. Sharpie in picture for size comparison.

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1463580471.675587.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1463580487.974939.jpg

Baltimore

Feb 18, 2013
Maryland/Vermont
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Possibly a part of an old Model T or Model A toolkit? I've been told they came with them, I found a wrench from one as a kid and it had a similar small ford stamp. No idea what tool or part of a tool that would be though.

OP
OP

24k dreams

Oct 28, 2012
Possibly a part of an old Model T or Model A toolkit? I've been told they came with them, I found a wrench from one as a kid and it had a similar small ford stamp. No idea what tool or part of a tool that would be though.

Thank you! That's a good place to start. I wonder if it's worth anything.

JimDon

Silver Member
May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excalibur, White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It could be part of a Ford trimotor airplane

GA_Boy

Bronze Member
Jul 30, 2006
Jefferson, Ga
Detector(s) used
BH LRP
1265X,
GoldBug II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is a magnet from a Ford Model "T" Magneto.
Marvin

Baltimore

Feb 18, 2013
Maryland/Vermont
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, what an ID! It reminds me of an older guy I met years ago, My dad was an archaeologist for the Forest service so he got to meet lots of interesting old Vermonters (the state where I grew up) through his job. One summer dad and his boss Dave set up a week long "archaeology camp" for some local kids. They located a site, the land where a lumber baron built his mills and charcoal kilns, got permission to excavate it, and then brought all us kids up to do a week long archaeological dig. I remember we only found one coin, an indian head penny, but boy were we excited about it! They got a few local historians to come help us determine what we found, including this old guy previously mentioned. This guy could take a look at just about anything that we found and ID it, it was absolutely incredible. This is actually the same guy who ID'd the Model T wrench that I mentioned in my previous post, that's what reminded me of this.

Anyways, long story short, it's always amazing to meet people who have so much knowledge about historical objects, I feel like it's a disappearing skill that will be missed once it's too late. Good job everyone, glad some people are keeping it alive.

Last edited:
OP
OP

24k dreams

Oct 28, 2012
It is a magnet from a Ford Model "T" Magneto.
Marvin

Even more impressive is that at the same time I posted this I emailed a picture to the Henry Ford Museum and after a few days, they came back and said they didn't know what it was and referred to it as a tool. So A++ work Sir.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread