jerseyben

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2010
NJ Pine Barrens
Detector(s) used
T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
Had a slow start to the picking season here in the northeast due to rain and lots of it.

However, this weekend was promising. Hit the flea market on Fri and scored there. Beat out the local record dealer's gang to grab a pile from a guy who had just put out a box of vinyl. The flea market was so crowded that people had set up their own tables/trailers in a dirt lot off to the side of the market. Stopped over there on my way out. A couple cleanout guys were stationed there. Rifled through dozens of boxes of extremely random mixed items. Walked away with a very interesting pile of stuff for only $10. Sat was a dreary morning but no rain until the afternoon. A neighboring town was having a small town wide yard sale so I decided to hit that before the rain. I ended up buying something at almost every sale I went to. The fnal sale of the day ended up being the house of a cleanout guy. He had a little bit of everything I look for so I spent some money there. Ended up rounding out the weekend with the following:

-spent a total of $35 on vinyl records, an extremely conservative estimate is $200 worth of records (probably closer to $300), my favorite was the first ramones lp which was the last ramones record needed to complete my collection
-small vintage bait/chum bucket - $2
-antique coffee tin - $3
-spent $10 on the following pile: antique camera, harley lighter, vintage grateful dead guitar tab book, lucite penny paperweight, metal no parking sign, 80's metal and ramones tapes, a few other misc items, and a couple led zeppelin records
-shakespeare rod - $2
-vintage video games gamecube, wii, nintendo ds - $4
-antique dress form with cast iron base - $3
-4 zippo lighters all dated 2004 (one is "eat ride sleep") - $4
-cleveland twist drill co advertising sign, the guy actually pulled this off the wall of his garage and sold it to me for $5!
-2 ipod touch and 1 old iphone (all have repair problems) - $10
-milwaukee V28 cordless hammer drill and charger (missing battery, of course) - $5
-apple tv newer 3rd gen - $15
-nirvana - with the lights out box set - $5
-assorted other odds and ends for $1 each

Attachments

• IMG_0584.JPG
    IMG_0584.JPG
    117.8 KB · Views: 120
  • IMG_0585.JPG
    IMG_0585.JPG
    125.2 KB · Views: 116
  • IMG_0586.JPG
    IMG_0586.JPG
    27.6 KB · Views: 108

Beans

Bronze Member
May 31, 2008
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My kind of day if I had one. Looks like you did real good. I am a sucker for vinyl myself. I buy all I can find if they are 80s or earlier. Record has to be in great condition. Sleeve doesn't have to be.

CladSpends2

Jan 11, 2010
Wilton, Maine
Detector(s) used
White's M6
I fished one of those dress forms out of a dumpster behind a house that was being cleaned out this past November. My wife and I's one dumpster dive experience. I traded the dress form for $100 worth of gold jewelry. In all we got over $200 in gold, and about $45 in cash for what we fished out of the small dumpster. It was in a place where no one could see us. Given the same opportunity, I would do it again....although it did feel a bit embarrassing. LOL The dress form was the same one by the looks. You should do real well with it. Good luck. T.

billjustbill

Bronze Member
Feb 23, 2008
Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab SN/XS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good job, Ben! You've got an Eye! Use some, Sell some, keep looking and bringing it home. You'll either need it, use it, or have the profits you'll need for the cost of living by this time next year....

Bill

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread