Help with watch (again)

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think I found something unique. Not In the greatest shape but I can't find a whole lot information on it. It does work it's been running for a while now. It is a Vetta watch. On the back of it it's engraved "pop from Bob port Empedocles Sicily July 1943. "
It has a stainless steel case. From what I can tell I can find a lot of information on new ones but lacking info on older. I can understand if it's not worth much the condition is not all that great.

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1463867922.668276.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1463868270.645369.jpg
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1463868301.423561.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1463868328.009570.jpg

OP
OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Right on! Thanks! It's nice looking in a cleaner condition. Thank you very much!

JimDon

Silver Member
May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excalibur, White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good looking vintage watch.

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Never herd of it before. Was it actually made in Italy? I know during the 40's there were all kinds of watch makers that are no longer around.

OP
OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah the guy said it was given to his father. From a friend of his. Must've been while they were stationed over there as well. I'm not sure he knew a whole lot more about it than that. Other than his dad wore it probably over there I guess. He said he didn't remember him ever wearing it when he was growing up.

OP
OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice WW2 era watch. You know allied forces landed in Sicily in early July 1943. This watch has a colorful history. It's too bad you didn't get any info. from the previous owner. The story would help sell this watch. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Allied_invasion_of_Sicily

Call me crazy but after reading what you posted on there I want to put a band on this watch and wear it. Instead of selling it. Might take it to my watch guy and see if he can clean up the face at all. I don't have a whole lot of my grandfather but even though this was not given to him from the same era. And I'm really starting to crush on old watches.

Went out for a friends birthday who is 21 and I wore a 1962 Hamilton. I was whining the watch up at the restaurant and one of the guys there asked what the hell I was doing! [emoji38] I said I'm making my Watch run what are you doing? He showed me his fancy big face ghetto fab watch that cost him $180. The other guy chirped in and showed me his Apple Watch. And I said they are nice. But I like mine.. It reminds me of my father's watch growing up. And the other one is like one of my grandfather probably would've had when he was in World War II. It makes it hard to sell some of the stuff! [emoji22] (having a moment) here is the one I wore out the other night. ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1464062424.392473.jpg

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice WW2 era watch. You know allied forces landed in Sicily in early July 1943. This watch has a colorful history. It's too bad you didn't get any info. from the previous owner. The story would help sell this watch. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Allied_invasion_of_Sicily

Interesting bit of history and especially for me. I had a second cousin, Thomas Ferrell that landed on Utah Beach in Normandy during the D-Day Invasion, he also took part in the first landings in Italy and then later in North Africa. I have his Mother's Bible which lists every major campaign that he was in and all of his' medals. He was highly decorated but sadly the effects of the war took its toll on him.

Frank

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread