Help Identify Piece of Machinery in Antique Photograph

bdsawyer

Feb 25, 2014
North Dakota
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Not sure what this piece of machinery is. I found a nice collection of antique photographs, and this was part of it. No marking or identification anywhere. Any help would be appreciated. Looks to be around 1900-1910. IMG_6388.JPG IMG_6390.JPG

Jim in Idaho

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2012
Blackfoot, Idaho
Detector(s) used
White's GM2, GM3, DFX, Coinmaster, TDI-SL, GM24K, Falcon MD20, old Garrett Masterhunter BFO
'Way Too Cool' dual 18 Watt UV light
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Seeing the building next to it is under construction, I'm guessing it's material lift of some kind.
Jim

beerguy

Bronze Member
May 6, 2004
Camano Island, WA
Detector(s) used
CTX3030,
Many more on a rotating basis.
Park Ranger and Pack Mule pouches by Freeloader!
It looks like a conveyor belt that loads the wagon that is under the chute. Gravel looks like it is piled near the beginning of the belt, and the wagon looks like it would catch whatever comes out the top.

Indian Steve

Silver Member
Oct 23, 2011
Stuart VA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe a rock crusher. Big rock goes in, gets crushed, up conveyer to fall into wagon.

Ima digger

Apr 7, 2016
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
It must do all the work, there's only one guy I see holding a shovel. What's the sign on the building behind them say? You might research that and find some location, or interesting information.

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
try searching for road bed machinery or railroad. Looks a lot like modern day paving machines. And looks like an unfinished plank street under the wagon.

The gentleman Ima digger is referring to is the superintendent. How can I tell you say? Look at any roadwork you pass. The superintendent is the only one standing around leaning on a shovel.

JimDon

Silver Member
May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excalibur, White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not sure but cool pics

Indian Steve

Silver Member
Oct 23, 2011
Stuart VA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You must not live in Virginia! We have a shovel for every employee to lean on. I once applied for a job with Virginia DOT. During the interview, I was asked for my special skills that would help on the job. I said that I could lean on a shovel as good as the best of them. Didn't get hired? No idea why?

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You must not live in Virginia! We have a shovel for every employee to lean on. I once applied for a job with Virginia DOT. During the interview, I was asked for my special skills that would help on the job. I said that I could lean on a shovel as good as the best of them. Didn't get hired? No idea why?
Well, there's your problem! You were interviewing for a laborer position, not an upper management position. We all know those suits hate competition! Remember - Certificates = management Hands on skills in the real world = laborer.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread