So She Said....DO NOT Ask Me To Go With You Again!

OP
OP
J

Junk_Puppet

Jul 23, 2014
Upstate New York
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I made a bunch of scores. The first thing I got was a 1960's recurve bow that was dead mint. Museaum quality, with an old leather quiver full of wooden arrows for $5. I sold the quiver and arrows for $35 on ebay. The recurve will be with me a while. She was compensated for her gas and time and we went to breakfast after it was all said and done.

I was very clear with her before we left that morning what was involved and how it works. She was a driver, not a shopper. It's pretty cut and dried here people!

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Ahh ,a get away driver that only wants to get straight away.
Rather than zip about hither and yon like a dragonfly.
Sometimes techniques don't blend in hitting sales at first.
One "master" of hitting sales rapid fire (a very good person and many years of tradition of hitting sales each week together) would as dad put it ,"be coming back to the vehicle as I was still getting out".

GA_Boy

Bronze Member
Jul 30, 2006
Jefferson, Ga
Detector(s) used
BH LRP
1265X,
GoldBug II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In the future let her sleep in and just throw a bicycle in the back of your pickup and go from there. Good way to cover Neighborhood sales.
Marvin

BARKER

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2011
BOSTON
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Garrett GMH, Toltec 100, Whites PI 3000, Fisher 75, Whites Silver Eagle 2, Whites Beachcomber, and several others from 1968 to Present
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi; Maybe try a Gift Certificate to her favorite Hair Salon or something like that ok. Good Luck. PEACE:RONB

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You guys know the advantage of having a driver. Bang, bang, bang! In and out without having to park, put in in park, jump back in and drive again. So that was her job....This of course means pulling up on the wrong side of the street - Or six inches from the guy who is already there

Your not the type that just stops in the driving lane are you? I can't stand that around here. I usually make a rude remark to a shopper that does this. I know no they don't speak English, have no greencard and usually have lots of anchor babies.

I took my wife one time and that was it. I try to hit at least 30-40 sales every Saturday. She wants to stop and look at everything and gab with the seller, I like to get in and get out. But, the one time she did go with me she found a small gold ring in a little box of junk and handed me the box to buy.

By the way, my wife was not born in the USA, she has a greencard, has a passion to speak English perfectly and we have one child that just graduated 6 years of college.

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I made a bunch of scores. The first thing I got was a 1960's recurve bow that was dead mint. Museaum quality, with an old leather quiver full of wooden arrows for $5. I sold the quiver and arrows for $35 on ebay. The recurve will be with me a while. She was compensated for her gas and time and we went to breakfast after it was all said and done.

I was very clear with her before we left that morning what was involved and how it works. She was a driver, not a shopper. It's pretty cut and dried here people!
Some people took your original post way too serious...now that she will be staying home, tell her to have you a nice lunch ready when you get home from the sales.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions