Omega Seamaster Deville

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't have a photo of it. So it's probably not going to help but I have an opportunity to buy this watch. It does work. That's probably the only positive. The minute hand is bent back. The back of the case is stainless steel for top of it is gold colored. It has a black face on it. the crystal looks OK but the dial has what looks like it'll water damage. Like specks on the face. With it being in that condition as described should I even mess with it? I wouldn't buy it to repair it. And I guess without opening it I don't really know if the parts are any good. But is something like this probably not worth $80? I was possibly going to make an offer of $40 but I don't know if I even want to mess with it at all. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Beans

Bronze Member
May 31, 2008
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What would be the benefit of buying a watch in that condition?

JimDon

Silver Member
May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excalibur, White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tough one. If there is in fact interior water damage than it pretty much worthless. But if it's in good condition movement could be worth a few bucks. Without saying I would say $50 should be the max

Spartcom5

Feb 2, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree the movement is the biggest factor here, look at these pictures of the Seamaster I picked up awhile ago. There are specks on the dial but this really doesn't affect the value at all its 'patina'. If the hands inside are bent that isn't good... Crystal doesn't matter too much. Without seeing the movement I'd be good paying up to $100 then you could sell it for quick money or fix it and sell for more. My watch pictured isn't working and might look ugly but it's nothing that can't be fixed up. Idk the price difference between the deville and the non but someone offered $200 for mine.
image.jpg image.jpg

OP
OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks, I'll get a for sure solid price on it tomorrow and maybe a picture. If it were $10 I would've bought it. But it looks way worse than the one pictured. I guess I'll wait for a better one to come along someday

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Kid, Omega Seamasters are highly waterproof unless severely damaged. Think about it...

Spartcom5

Feb 2, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Also, if it is really really messed up on the outside and looks impossible to save if the movement looks clean and nice still try to buy it. Omega parts (assuming its vintage) are getting harder to come and are quite pricey! This movement here is broken needs a new oscillating weight but is clean none the less and has value.
20160511_134709_resized.jpg

OP
OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I bought it. For $40. I don't know I thought where you set the time I supposed to have an omega symbol on it. But maybe that's something That came along later. Here are some pictures.

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1465393731.910788.jpg
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1465393764.106344.jpg
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1465393796.823108.jpg

JimDon

Silver Member
May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's being done now. I just dropped it off with my watch guy. After I get some breakfast I'll put some pictures up. along with have an answer what it is

OP
OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
He said it's real. Beat to hell. But real. He did not know that I wanted to take pictures of the inside of it though. And is super busy so I don't have any pictures of it either. And I'm not sure how to open it.

Just for Eye candy here's the other one he put a band on for me.

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1465397620.955477.jpg

Also here's the other one I bought with it.

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1465397655.122248.jpg

Not to forget the other one that has a broken crown. He's going to check on parts to see about fixing.

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1465397708.553349.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh, the diamond one has the original box as well.. I guess it's called a mystery dial? 14k.

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1465408589.068475.jpg
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1465408615.767053.jpg

JimDon

Silver Member
May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
He said it's real. Beat to hell. But real. He did not know that I wanted to take pictures of the inside of it though. And is super busy so I don't have any pictures of it either. And I'm not sure how to open it.

Just for Eye candy here's the other one he put a band on for me.

View attachment 1323127

Also here's the other one I bought with it.

View attachment 1323128

Not to forget the other one that has a broken crown. He's going to check on parts to see about fixing.

View attachment 1323129

Love all of these! You have a good eye. I hope you sell unlike me. I tend to keep all the good ones. I'm up to 27. Here are my Omegas. ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1465414011.510033.jpg

OP
OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Love all of these! You have a good eye. I hope you sell unlike me. I tend to keep all the good ones. I'm up to 27. Here are my Omegas. View attachment 1323178

Yeah I'm not much better. I have no problem selling the jewelry and the video games and everything like that. But when it comes to coins and now watches I'm having a problem... I'm going to sell me a mega I don't like how it looks. And probably sell the Jules Jurgensen one also. Depending on how much it is to repair. I have a couple gold filled ones and I'll sell off the diamond one maybe if I find another white gold one that matches my wedding band. As for now the gruen that has the starburst design and the diamond one are staying.

Spartcom5

Feb 2, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That longines with box is amazing!! Wittnauer was longines distrubtor in the US at that time. Something really cool is that you can email longines the movement number and pictures and theyll tell you everything they cam about it including the exact date it was made!! Also that omega is absolutely fine... a new crystal and it will look like a different watch, the dial doesnt even look bad

OP
OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That longines with box is amazing!! Wittnauer was longines distrubtor in the US at that time. Something really cool is that you can email longines the movement number and pictures and theyll tell you everything they cam about it including the exact date it was made!! Also that omega is absolutely fine... a new crystal and it will look like a different watch, the dial doesnt even look bad

That's cool I'll have to remember that because I'm going out of town but don't have time to mess with that yet. I will try to add a better picture but the dial on the a Omega is toast it almost looks like it's Rusty.

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1465425393.195609.jpg

blindbug

Oct 16, 2012
Louisville, KY
Detector(s) used
Garret Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would have bought that watch at $40 instantly. An Omega Deville is on my 'want-it-bad' list, but I'm a watch guy. If you ever want to unload it for the price you bought it at, I'd gladly take it off your hands!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread