Traded stuff I got for free at sale!

ethanfez

Jun 15, 2013
Colorado
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some of yall may remember my post with the ~200 free DVDs I got. After my twin and I took some there were 183 left. I recently got into trading on Craigslist (there should be a thread or something for trading) where I have gotten some great deals!
Some guy out of the blue texts me about the DVDs (I was going to just take them to goodwill next weekend) offering me a Savage .22 bolt action long rifle! Needless to say I said yes! They kept it clean and in great shape! Shoots dead accurate!
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1466145936.437552.jpg

Also traded a pile of micrometers I got for free (in some scrap metal) for these beautiful bar stools and I have a deal set up on Monday to trade the chairs for 30 walking liberty half dollars!!!
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1466146047.203677.jpg

Do yall ever play around with trading? I have more amazing deals if yall want to hear!

Fushek

Aug 21, 2013
North East Ohio
Primary Interest:
Other
Very seldom do I trade, but did recently. I bought a box of old toys that contained an old Daisy BB Gun pistol. A little beat up and can't sell them on eBay, so I posted it on Craigslist asking $50 (and expecting around $25 to $30). Someone offered a trade for a modded original xBox (sell for 70+ on the bay) and I snatched it.

Weird encounter with the guy though ... wanted me to make a cigarette and red bull run for him to the store and just gave me a odd vibe. Um, no thanks. Let's just make the trade and I'll happily go my separate way.

Oddjob

Silver Member
Aug 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
RD1000, GSSI Profiler EMP-400. GPZ 14 & 19
Primary Interest:
Other
You got some good deals for that gun and the Snap On chairs.

I too do some trading as well, not online just locally through contacts and mostly trading fish, shrimp and smoked meats I hunted and processed for fruits and vegetables. If I need some new tackle then I will go out to a spot I know and cast net for Tiger Shrimp and take those into the fishery where I can trade for tackle. Recently the fishery put me in contact with a local farmer we set up some deals between us.

About a month ago my wife made a trade with some prospector in the mountains for 60 grams of gold (beach finds) for a 2012 Polaris Sportsman 6X6 Big Boss, The thing has like 3,000 mountain bush miles on it with a trailer in tow. She had it checked out at a shop and they found nothing wrong with it, they said it was well taken care of.

You never know what you are going to find out there for a good trade; my wife trades lots of stuff, me I just stick with stocking my freezers.

OP
OP
ethanfez

ethanfez

Jun 15, 2013
Colorado
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You got some good deals for that gun and the Snap On chairs.

I too do some trading as well, not online just locally through contacts and mostly trading fish, shrimp and smoked meats I hunted and processed for fruits and vegetables. If I need some new tackle then I will go out to a spot I know and cast net for Tiger Shrimp and take those into the fishery where I can trade for tackle. Recently the fishery put me in contact with a local farmer we set up some deals between us.

About a month ago my wife made a trade with some prospector in the mountains for 60 grams of gold (beach finds) for a 2012 Polaris Sportsman 6X6 Big Boss, The thing has like 3,000 mountain bush miles on it with a trailer in tow. She had it checked out at a shop and they found nothing wrong with it, they said it was well taken care of.

You never know what you are going to find out there for a good trade; my wife trades lots of stuff, me I just stick with stocking my freezers.

Dang! Well worth the gold!!

captain flintlock

Jul 21, 2015
Detector(s) used
Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm glad to hear that trading has been fairly successful for people. I've often thought about trying it locally with Craigslist and local contacts. I may just have to think about this now!!

OP
OP
ethanfez

ethanfez

Jun 15, 2013
Colorado
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm glad to hear that trading has been fairly successful for people. I've often thought about trying it locally with Craigslist and local contacts. I may just have to think about this now!!

It's worth a shot!! I just put up about 15 adds (one for each item) then put up 1 add for everything. Put them in the 3 major cities around me.

metaldetecta

Jun 10, 2013
Michigan Troll
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, AT Pro and Garret Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the trade! I trade all the time and end up with some cool stuff. I recently traded a bunch of rocks I found for some Vietnam War stuff like medical kits and emergency survival kits. I sold all the Vietnam War stuff for $50 and will use that money to buy more stuff to trade and sell.

GA_Boy

Bronze Member
Jul 30, 2006
Jefferson, Ga
Detector(s) used
BH LRP
1265X,
GoldBug II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last Saturday I was selling at a Flea Market and when leaving I traded an old ice chest for a nice ripe Cantaloupe. Made us both happy.
Marvin

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread