First big gold score recently for me!

ethanfez

Jun 15, 2013
Colorado
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have gotten some small things of gold recently but nothing like this.
It is 14k and weighs 24.4 grams. Paid $380 for it!
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1466539931.467285.jpg
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1466539920.367524.jpg

Already acid tested and everything. My coin shop offered me 80% but I'm about to head down to a jewelry store who over the phone claimed to pay spot. The lady didn't sound 100% like she knew what she was doing but I can hope!!

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
you can get more than spot for that sucker. If you have an eBay account it might take a little bit but that's a good bracelet. Everything sold at that weight goes for around $900 or more. Others are listed at 1300 and up. I mean if you want to make a quick $200... but a slow 500 might not be bad either.. Gold prices aren't going anywhere for a while, maybe up-and-down 12 or $15 but I don't think it's going to crash or skyrocket. Personally I would try it on there before I scrapped it. Heck they're probably going to put it on the eBay too.

That's a nice find right there!!

Last edited:
OP
OP
ethanfez

ethanfez

Jun 15, 2013
Colorado
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
you can get more than spot for that sucker. If you have an eBay account it might take a little bit but that's a good bracelet. Everything sold at that weight goes for around $900 or more. Others are listed at 1300 and up. I mean if you want to make a quick $200... but a slow 500 might not be bad either.. Gold prices aren't going anywhere for a while, maybe up-and-down 12 or $15 but I don't think it's going to crash or skyrocket. Personally I would try it on there before I scrapped it. Heck they're probably going to put it on the eBay too.

That's a nice find right there!!

I simply am saving up for a nice $10 Indian gold piece so that works great for me!!

OP
OP
ethanfez

ethanfez

Jun 15, 2013
Colorado
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Also I figured I would add that the lady will sell me more gold at that price. I spent all the money I had today but she is apparently know as Mrs. T(because of the bling). She had to be wearing $20k of gold when I met her.

OP
OP
ethanfez

ethanfez

Jun 15, 2013
Colorado
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Do not cheat the lady, pay for the gold what it is worth. Remember the Golden Rule.

The #1 rule of sales. If both parties are happy it is a good deal. I paid a fair price that she came up with and I agreed to.

testing123

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2009
United States
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, TDI SL
Pretty good price you got it for - about $200 under gold value. As mentioned above, someone may want it on eBay with a moon-priced BIN price. If you offer if at .99 and no reserve, it will sell for about spot in an auction format.

vwayne1

Jan 14, 2005
Eugene Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac
Do not cheat the lady, pay for the gold what it is worth. Remember the Golden Rule.

[emoji38]. You would be the only one on here. This group is literally "buy low, sell high". The way it should be. If you offer over what they are asking, you should probably find another hobby.

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If she has a lot of gold, I bet she knows what it's worth. Buying it $200 under spot is not a bad day. Someone who has that much gold knows what she's doing. I guarantee that if not she wouldn't have any....so either she really likes you as a person and trust you. Or she's happy with what she's getting. I would ask what she wants for it and go with that. If you're going to resell on eBay, or any other site you're going to get a premium on bracelets and necklaces. Earrings are awful, anklets are Pretty good but not really sought after anymore. Pendants and charms I have had mot much luck with lately. The first 10 people are going to offer you 80 to 90% of spot. and then you have someone who's going to actually pay what it's worth. And seeing that Christmas is right around the corner honestly it might not be too bad to hang onto that bracelet. If you go back to her house I would look for 18 K and 14 K. Stay away from the 10K unless it's necklaces. I hope I don't offend anyone but I'm just talking from experience and when I've sold over the last couple months. And as far as necklaces I think the heavier the better or the thicker the better. There's little dainty things don't really do to well. To be honest if I had the extra money right now, we just came back from vacation, I would give you a good price for that bracelet because I know for a fact what I would ask for it.

If you decide you're going to scrap it send me a message

OP
OP
ethanfez

ethanfez

Jun 15, 2013
Colorado
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If she has a lot of gold, I bet she knows what it's worth. Buying it $200 under spot is not a bad day. Someone who has that much gold knows what she's doing. I guarantee that if not she wouldn't have any....so either she really likes you as a person and trust you. Or she's happy with what she's getting. I would ask what she wants for it and go with that. If you're going to resell on eBay, or any other site you're going to get a premium on bracelets and necklaces. Earrings are awful, anklets are Pretty good but not really sought after anymore. Pendants and charms I have had mot much luck with lately. The first 10 people are going to offer you 80 to 90% of spot. and then you have someone who's going to actually pay what it's worth. And seeing that Christmas is right around the corner honestly it might not be too bad to hang onto that bracelet. If you go back to her house I would look for 18 K and 14 K. Stay away from the 10K unless it's necklaces. I hope I don't offend anyone but I'm just talking from experience and when I've sold over the last couple months. And as far as necklaces I think the heavier the better or the thicker the better. There's little dainty things don't really do to well. To be honest if I had the extra money right now, we just came back from vacation, I would give you a good price for that bracelet because I know for a fact what I would ask for it.

If you decide you're going to scrap it send me a message

I kind of need money within a few weeks so I can't hold on to it until Christmas. I have an offer right now to trade it for a ~AU50 1909-s Indian and a 5oz silver bar. I think I'll probably take that and sell the Indian (even though I need it for my collection) and keep the silver. It's about $800 total in the deal.

OP
OP
ethanfez

ethanfez

Jun 15, 2013
Colorado
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
[emoji38]. You would be the only one on here. This group is literally "buy low, sell high". The way it should be. If you offer over what they are asking, you should probably find another hobby.

I personally have given someone more money a couple times. Mostly when I could tell they were struggling for money and I could spend a little more and still make money. Think the last time I gave someone a $30 instead of $5 for an awesome pre ww1 sword. Probably made their day.

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You got it VW. I once found a ring in a kid's jewelry basket. I held it up and asked how much. The parent said 50¢ I paid and left with a dull white metal ring marked PT.

(that is Platinum for those of you that did not read my book: Follow the signs and STOP for GOLD)

OP
OP
ethanfez

ethanfez

Jun 15, 2013
Colorado
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well if anyone is interested I traded this for a coin I needed to finish a collection which turned out to be a counterfeit and am now taking the guy to court for $1200+. Turned 18 not a few months ago and already having to sue someone.

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well if anyone is interested I traded this for a coin I needed to finish a collection which turned out to be a counterfeit and am now taking the guy to court for $1200+. Turned 18 not a few months ago and already having to sue someone.

You traded the bracelet? Do you have a pic of the coin? Wouldn't it be easier to just get back the bracelet or has he melted it already?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread