kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
They would have sold for a tad more in my area! They've gotten so expensive here that many folks are going back to making them. Problem is, I have yet to see anyone actually using or carrying any in the almost 20 years I've lived up here! I think they're mostly for decoration nowdays.

OP
OP
mojjax

mojjax

Silver Member
Feb 27, 2005
MAINE
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a pair of aluminum framed ones , I tried them out , a few years ago, 3 feet of snow - wasn't good . worse than trying to cross country ski .

captain flintlock

Jul 21, 2015
Detector(s) used
Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great buy!! Even if you just use them for decorating. Can't go wrong for that price.

OP
OP
mojjax

mojjax

Silver Member
Feb 27, 2005
MAINE
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My Stepfather , Bob , always talked about living down the road from a snowshoe factory in Vermont when he was a little boy - I called him on the phone the other night and asked him if his snowshoe chair had was a Tubbs . Yes - He grew up in Wallingford Vt. just down the road from the factory .
As a little boy , he , and his friends would hang around the factory - watch them being made .

Last night my Stepfather emailed this -

Scott:

I went on line. It looks like you got a really good deal on the snowshoes. All you have to do is find someone who has a ski lodge that needs something to go over a fireplace. If I think real hard I can smell the wet rawhide and the warmth created by the steamer that was used to heat the hickory so it could be bent into the snowshoe shape. The cookies that the ladies brought to work to share with the other ladies and us bothersome kids were great. Thanks for the memory. I think that I gave the snowshoes Dad had to a charity yard sale many years ago. Wouldn't it be funny if they were the ones you got. I'd love to see them. They are a treasure.

Bob

OP
OP
mojjax

mojjax

Silver Member
Feb 27, 2005
MAINE
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bob , my Stepfather is 81 . He was at work today - so I put them in his garage - in front of the beer frige .

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread