just call me Yukon Cornelius!

SnakemanBill

Apr 24, 2008
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Made the rounds on Saturday hitting yard sales. Went to several that advertised jewelry only to find junk or way over priced at most of them. Managed to pick up two or three nice silver necklaces while waiting for an estate sale to begin. Was number three in line and headed straight for the jewelry. Looked it over and it was all costume stuff. Checked out the rest of the house and didnt see anything of interest. Went back to the jewelry table to take a second look. there was a woman there and we both reached for one of two ziplock bags full of jewelry. I picked up the other and she looked over the other bag and handed it over to me. The bags were marked $8.00 each. I asked the woman running the show if she would tke $10.00 for both. She said ok so I paid and left figuring I could recoup the $10.00 at my next sale. Got home that evening and went through the bags separating the broken crap from the nicer pieces. Ended up finding a couple of pieces of sterling and an 18k gold chain with a medallion weighing 15.9 grams. Not bad for my $10.00 investment!

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
Ok, Yukon, now you gotta parade around in your bear-skin jacket and coon-hat for the next week, AT LEAST! :laughing7:

captain flintlock

Jul 21, 2015
Detector(s) used
Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great find. A hell of a $10.00 investment I'd say!!

OP
OP
SnakemanBill

SnakemanBill

Apr 24, 2008
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks! Happy to say she went back into the water!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread