diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
These are some of the things I've managed to score at the sales over the last couple weekends.

First is this Fenton limited edition nursery rhyme set. This came from a garage sale. The lady had several other pieces of Fenton but these were the best of the lot. She said her mother used to buy it off QVC and give it to her. Paid $50 for the 3 pieces. There was/is one listed for $375.00 on ebay that didn't sell last time. It's listed again. Fenton Art Glass Limited Edition Nursery Rhyme Numbered Set by Mary Gregory | eBay Figured if I could triple my money, I'd be happy.

DSC05774 (1024x536).jpg DSC05776 (1024x725).jpg

Next are 2 pieces of Northwood marigold carnival glass. It's a daisy & plume rose bowl and a stippled rays bowl with ruffled edges. Paid $6 for the pair at a garage sale. Nothing special but should be able to get about $40-$50 between the two.

DSC05777 (1024x537).jpg

Found a nice Hohner Echo harmonica for $5 at an estate sale. It's a double sided 55/80 in the key of C and G. Hope to get $40 or $50 for it also.

DSC05802 (1024x691).jpg

Same estate sale I got this three piece nesting bowl set. It's referred to as melmac or melamine confetti made by Brookpark. Paid $5. Will sell for a minimum of $50.

DSC05835 (984x1024).jpg

Same estate sale, same $5, Camrose and Kross Jacqueline Kennedy collection faux emerald and diamond bracelet. Should be good for another $40-$50.

DSC05787 (1024x428).jpg

Found this Mickey Mouse bicycle bell made in Germany for .25 at a gargae sale. I'll list it for $20.

DSC05810 (1024x741).jpg

This 7 inch Copper bowl was $1 at a garage sale. Looks hand finished. Value... who knows, more than $1 lol. $20 maybe?

DSC05831 (1024x756).jpg DSC05825 (1024x655).jpg DSC05824 (1024x588).jpg

Garth Brooks "The Limited Series" 6 cd set new/sealed, paid $3. Should sell for $30-$40.

DSC05814 (625x1024).jpg

Last but not least was this 30 piece set (there's 11 bread plates) of Villeroy and Boch Design 1900 porcelain China. I paid $50 for the lot at an estate sale. I should be able to piece it out for a minimum of $300.

DSC05851 (1024x460).jpg

There's more but these are my favorite pieces. Comments appreciated and thanks for looking.

ethanfez

Jun 15, 2013
Colorado
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That copper bowl would go for $100+ at an auction near my house. The old ladies pay like crazy for anything copper.

Beans

Bronze Member
May 31, 2008
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great mix of items. All looks like it was well taken care of. Like the confetti bowls, remember seeing those as a kid.

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Great finds. You're going to make money, but more than that, you'll make a lot of people happy...

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
Man, you hit a nice little jackpot there! I also really like the copper bowl. Almost choked at your original price thoughts! Gotta agree - somewhere in the $80-$100 mark, easy!

Not much in your post that I don't really like - not really too sure about Garth, as I'm more into older country. Beautiful glassware!!!!!!!!! ...Wow, does that old Milmac really go for that much now?!?!? LOL

My last comment has to be on the harmonica. Have never seen one like that before. Don't know if mouth harps are coming back into style anywhere, but this would make a wonderful addition in ANY music-type collection!! Absolutely amazing! I'd probably have to hold onto it - at least for a month or two! :laughing7:

Well done! :thumbsup:

JimDon

Silver Member
May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excalibur, White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They're all solid purchases. I Only question the bracelet. Maybe the kennedy connection will get you that kind of money but I get nowhere near that amount even for silver bracelets.

OP
OP
diggummup

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That copper bowl would go for $100+ at an auction near my house. The old ladies pay like crazy for anything copper.
Ya think? It doesn't look too old to me. Vintage maybe but not antique. Just wish I could figure out the designs on it.

Man, you hit a nice little jackpot there! I also really like the copper bowl. Almost choked at your original price thoughts! Gotta agree - somewhere in the $80-$100 mark, easy!

Not much in your post that I don't really like - not really too sure about Garth, as I'm more into older country. Beautiful glassware!!!!!!!!! ...Wow, does that old Milmac really go for that much now?!?!? LOL

My last comment has to be on the harmonica. Have never seen one like that before. Don't know if mouth harps are coming back into style anywhere, but this would make a wonderful addition in ANY music-type collection!! Absolutely amazing! I'd probably have to hold onto it - at least for a month or two! :laughing7:

Well done! :thumbsup:
I don't care too Much for Garth Brooks or country music myself, at least the newer stuff. I'm like you, the older stuff is better however, I'm more of a heavy metal/ rock and roll guy myself. I know that sealed multipacs usually sell pretty good, whether it's cd's or dvd's, so the price was right. I see you think the copper bowl is a small prize too. I guess time will tell on that one. The harmonica was purchased for no particular reason. I have several more somewhere boxed up. Most of them aren't worth too much.

They're all solid purchases. I Only question the bracelet. Maybe the kennedy connection will get you that kind of money but I get nowhere near that amount even for silver bracelets.
I hear you. That's why I sell only select pieces of sterling these days. I'm familiar with and have sold several pieces of Camrose & Kross JBK jewelry in the past, which is why I purchased it. They always sell pretty quick, as long as it's priced correctly. There are no identicals listed at the moment. Here's the last completed sale of that bracelet- Camrose Kross Jackie Kennedy JBK Simulated Emerald CZ Bracelet Box Papers | eBay

GibH

Silver Member
May 17, 2009
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Surf PI Pro/MXT/Quattro/Sovereign XS2 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would have went right past the melamine bowls. You really do learn something new everyday.

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
I would have went right past the melamine bowls. You really do learn something new everyday.
Yeah, wasn't so long ago you practically couldn't give them away.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions