How To: Process Cds and DVDs for Amazon

dejapooh

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2012
Thousand Oaks, CA
Primary Interest:
Other
I sell about 10 items a week on Amazon, averaging about $1200 a month.

1) Set up your sellers account.
_____a)They will need your Social Security Number (if you sell over $20,000 in a year, they report it to the IRS).
_____b) They will need a checking account to deposit your money. I set up a specific account for this. As soon as the money comes in, I transfer it to a savings acct.
2) Use your cell phone and the regular amazon ap. There is a camera icon next to the search bar. Click on that
_____a) Hold the camera over the UPC symbol, and it will scan and Identify the item.
_____b) If the item does not have a UPC Symbol, you can hold the camera over the front of the item. It MAY scan it by its image
_____c) if it will not scan the image, or the UPC, then you can type in the name of the item.
3) Scroll down and there will be a button that says, "Sell on Amazon"
_____a) Click on a condition, write a condition description (one or two sentences), put in the number you have available, enter the price. Hit enter. Click the "submit your
listing" button.
4) Wait for the item to sell. Check your inventory regularly to make sure you are the cheapest for sale (people will try to beat you by $.01). For me, if the price goes below $9.99, I move it to my garage sale box, and dump it at my next garage sale. Amazon fees are high, and selling for less than that is just not worth my time. There is a minimum fee until you become a "professional seller (at $40 a month)." Until you sell 40 items a month, every month, it is not worth becoming a professional.
5) have your boxes, envelopes, and so on ready to ship. People want their items shipped within 24 hours.
6) If a DVD or set sells for more than $24.99, you can not list it. You need to be a professional seller and provide information as to who your legitimate wholesaler is. Garage sale DVD's not welcome.

Last edited:
OP
OP
G

garagesaleaddict

Jul 16, 2014
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
All of the above facts are true.
I however do Fulfillment by Amazon. This is a program where Amazon stores and ships out my products. This has helped me scale at a much quicker rate than shipping it out myself.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions