Have you ever tried: RA or OA?

Lost&Found

Jul 27, 2013
NYC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
RA- Target used to have many different items on clearance that would sell well. But its been years since I've done that. (When I used to follow Slick Deals and Fatwallet forums).

Fushek

Aug 21, 2013
North East Ohio
Primary Interest:
Other
Very seldom ... I've bought things on eBay and resold them when people didn't know what they had and the BIN price was way too low ... or I've bought in bulk on eBay and relisted individually for profit as well.

At one time, a local CD Exchange store that also dealt in used video games, etc put a bunch of stuff on clearance. Two HUGE tubs of items that I was browsing through ... everything from old war board games to unopened hot wheels & baseball cards to vintage boxed Commodore 64 games. I asked the manager about buying some stuff and he said you can have both tubs for $40! I was flabbergasted that a retail store would make such a deal ... they would barely fit in my car. I easily made over $1,000 from what all was in those tubs. Unfortunately, that well has run dry now though.

OP
OP
G

garagesaleaddict

Jul 16, 2014
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The deals can still be found! I have been buying items from target, Walmart, Barnes and noble, and Gamestop to sell online

Beans

Bronze Member
May 31, 2008
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The deals can still be found! I have been buying items from target, Walmart, Barnes and noble, and Gamestop to sell online

I tried retail from Walmart. Walmart seems to have just common items, nothing new. Target gets in the new items. I was at target one time and seen the Shopkins display and thought oh those will be a big hit and sure enough they are. I at the time did not buy any. Now I have bought Twosie and Grosseries made by the same company. Gamble yes but who knows.

Drmad7

Apr 26, 2014
Midwest
Primary Interest:
Other
RA- Target used to have many different items on clearance that would sell well. But its been years since I've done that. (When I used to follow Slick Deals and Fatwallet forums).

That was before everyone went broke in 2008 and started crashing the aisles at Target! Those were great days.

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
About two months ago I saw an ebay BIN at $5.00 and all her other BINs of basically the same thing were $25.00. I think she didn't hit the 2 very hard and didn't proof read her post. Did I send her a note to tell her? Nope, I did the BIN with free shipping. Last week I sold the exact same thing for $24.95

Junk Drawer Watch Lot Over 25 Working Nonworking You Can Wear or Repair | eBay

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread