No sales for me tomorrow, but last week was great!

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Supposed to be 105* tomorrow, just call me a wuss. Besides I am sure as soon as the temps get around 95* people will be closing their stores.

Last Saturday buying was a bit slow bought a lot of cell phones. Just finished listing a bunch of old school phones. Bought a filmo 8mm movie camera. The lady would not budge at $10.00 so that is what I paid I just had a feeling on this one. They are selling around ten to twenty. Oh well!

An hour later this yard sale was a little boring but I walked around it anyway and spotted something I recognized. I asked the sale owner three times. "how much is that Don Quixote?" He had no idea what I was talking about so my next question was "will you take a dollar for this?" and pointed to it. he said sure.

I bought myself an original Picasso bichromie (2 color) silkscreen called TORO Y TOREROS. one sold on ebay last month for $350, but it was framed.

Attachments

• TORO.jpg
    TORO.jpg
    213.7 KB · Views: 124

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I kind of feel like you. I know it's going to be hot out tomorrow not 105 but It may as well be. Says there's 160 sales in my area. I've been doing well with thrift stores lately. I'm itching to get out of the house alone though w/o the kids for a while since I've been home with them every day since school got out. But the motivation is just not there.

My wife just asked me if I'm going to be here in the morning. I told her when you open your eyes in the morning you will know! I want to go but there are no sales close to me either.... so I'd have to go to the other town, I don't know....

Congratulations on that awesome painting you found.

BagLady

Bronze Member
Mar 13, 2015
Mississippi
Detector(s) used
cheap
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd love to have that painting to keep! Give ya $5 for it...lol

OP
OP
cyberdan

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd love to have that painting to keep! Give ya $5 for it...lol

add a couple of zeros and we can talk ;)

I also have a Picasso gold coin and yes a yardsale purchase. smaller than a dime and can't find it on google.

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got 3 of sleep last night I could not fall asleep. I went out to yard sales today for 7 hours. Came home took a nap now I'm headed to bed!

jerseyben

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2010
NJ Pine Barrens
Detector(s) used
T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
I hit nearly 50 sales on Saturday and it was upper 90s with major humidity. Wore light color clothes, a white hat, and sunglasses and drank plenty of water. Moved a little slower than usual but made it through ok.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread