Makers Mark help on silver

Fropa

Feb 27, 2007
SW Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
etsy%20Sterling%20Loops%20Earrings%2002-1_zpsusl7g1wt.jpg

etsy%20Sterling%20Loops%20Earrings%2001-1_zpsryyrgw2e.jpg

My wife got these in a bag of jewelry. Does anyone know the makers mark? Is there a good web site that shows makers marks? I know there are a lot of different marks, but hoping someone may know. Thanks for the help.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Does that mark appear on both pieces? I'm not convinced it is an actual makers mark versus being a design element of the earrings themselves. It's unusual if it is an actual mark, being attached the way it is. It is attached correct, versus molded into the piece? Here is a good site that lists many jewelry makers marks, though there isn't any one site that encompasses all marks.

Category:Jewelry Maker's Marks - AJU

OP
OP
F

Fropa

Feb 27, 2007
SW Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
Thanks for the info diggummup. The mark does appear on the back side of both pieces. It is raised and may be attached, but I don't see anywhere that a lower edge is apparent. May just be soldered well.

jason4kstate

Jun 23, 2007
Congrats I think you have a piece of Silpada. You might have to do a bit of research to find the part number. I think you should be able to get $40-50 for it.

OP
OP
F

Fropa

Feb 27, 2007
SW Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
Your right jason4kstate. They are retired Silpata earrings. Looks like people are asking between $35 and $45 for them. Thanks for the help.

Drmad7

Apr 26, 2014
Midwest
Primary Interest:
Other
I just saw this post. Yes! Silpada anything usually sells for no less than $35. And you will see that mark with "India", "Israel", or "China". I always do a search on eBay with a short description of the item I'm researching. And my Silpada always sells.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread