vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
metal_detector.gif
You got out of the house - you were excited about what you might find and came home with your money - that was a goooooooooooooooooooood day! Imagine if you went out of the house - found this item you have been looking for your entire life - spent more then you wanted to and got home to find out it was a fake - returned and the seller was gone - now THAT is a bad day! :laughing7:

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Summer sucks for yard sales...
Here anyway.

Next couple of months are the pits.
Does not really break loose again until around Halloween.

jerseyben

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2010
NJ Pine Barrens
Detector(s) used
T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
Last few weekends for me have been "just ok". Not bad but not as great as my "early season" was.

OP
OP
J

Junk_Puppet

Jul 23, 2014
Upstate New York
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had a 5 week run that had me forgetting what a lousy weekend is like. Every stop I made paid off. BIG. Now I have to concentrate on not "pressing" and buying things just top buy something. That is how those piles of worthless junk are born

JimDon

Silver Member
May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excalibur, White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A few weeks ago I stopped at probably 20 yard sales and they all had Junk. It was so discouraging. Then the next week I killed it! It happens!

OP
OP
J

Junk_Puppet

Jul 23, 2014
Upstate New York
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good job Butter Hat - The workers at our thrift shops here get everything before it even see's the shelf's!

bigcaddy64

Apr 20, 2013
Fullerton, CA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ive not even bothered to hit any sales lately. Its been too hot and nothing has made my want to get out of bed. Hopefully something will come up soon because i'm getting a bit restless.

Butter Hat

Apr 6, 2014
In ur innerwebz
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good job Butter Hat - The workers at our thrift shops here get everything before it even see's the shelf's!

Thanks! These are church-affiliated thrifts, run by really dear little old ladies. There was also a glassware/dish sale, and I got, literally, some 'blue-plate special' diner china, two-for-one.

We used to have a commercial thrift nearby, but it shut down a couple years ago.

OP
OP
J

Junk_Puppet

Jul 23, 2014
Upstate New York
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks! These are church-affiliated thrifts, run by really dear little old ladies. There was also a glassware/dish sale, and I got, literally, some 'blue-plate special' diner china, two-for-one.

We used to have a commercial thrift nearby, but it shut down a couple years ago.

During the infancy of ebay our local Salvation Army was the place! The workers would pile boxes (mostly unsorted boxes) across 5 or 6 long tables in the now defunct back room. They would refresh the tables before the store opened EVERY MORNING. And then several time throughout the day. So Monday through Friday a handful of us would stand in line and wait for the store to open. We would literally run to the back room and get our treasures. It was very competitive to say the least! They closed the back room in 2005, so I did this from September of 2000 through 2005. I was working third shift so I never missed a morning unless I was out of town or on vacation. I made thousands and thousands of dollars selling a wide rage of things that educated me for life. Boy do I miss that era....

leadnbrass

Apr 2, 2005
Shenandoah Valley VA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This whole season has been rather crappy as far as yard / garage sales go.

I've been spending most of my time at the local thrift stores and do seem to do good but I put the time in.

This weekend is the yard crawl that is about 40-50 miles of sales...I've always done great on that run.

Last years was a complete washout so I hope the weather is great this time.

I took off on Friday and usually enough people are set up that I don't have to go on the official day which is Saturday.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread