Signed painting of famous people dots?

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't know how else to put it. But I don't think anyone is alive on this painting anymore. This is something my mom has at her house in Pennsylvania and she was wondering if anyone thought it had any value? She said it looks like small dots painted to make the photo of everyone in the picture. And it's also signed.

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1470942946.630525.jpg
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1470942966.430607.jpg

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That just looks like a screen pattern used during the printing process with a printing press. There are many different screen patterns that printers can use. The dots are just too small to have been done by the artist unless that is an original.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That just looks like a screen pattern used during the printing process with a printing press. There are many different screen patterns that printers can use. The dots are just too small to have been done by the artist unless that is an original.
? That just doesn't make any sense, I'm lost. :icon_scratch: The only way to know if it's a print or original art is to see it in person and examine it closely. The size of the dots doesn't enter into the equation.

I wonder what the Misfits skull represents?

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1470942946.630525.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1470942946.630525.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 203
Last edited:

Baltimore

Feb 18, 2013
Maryland/Vermont
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm inclined to say that the dot pattern was made by hand (whether the actual image is the original or a copy is irrelevant), my real job is being a designer and I've worked a lot in screen printing and other printing in the past, and that looks much too random to be a halftone screen. Most halftone screens are different grids of dots superimposed over each other to avoid moire patterns, but you can still see regularity in them. There are ways of making halftone screens on the computer that are a bit more random, but you can still see a pixel grid.

GopherDaGold

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2009
St. Charles County, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Vaquero, Bounty Hunter Land Star, Teknetics Delta 4000, Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The technique is known as stippling and is most likely hand done.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread