C

cheech

May 6, 2012
FL
Detector(s) used
white's BeachHunter 300/DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I for one think this should be a banner worthy find. Unfortunately, this forum is the red headed stepchild of the board.

🤔 maybe if I say I found it metal detecting[emoji2]

OP
OP
C

cheech

May 6, 2012
FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
update here's the email that I received
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1472572115.222817.jpg
Will send pictures when I get home

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
I am a car guy, and that is a killer piece of history.

OP
OP
C

cheech

May 6, 2012
FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
update email
Those pins are a testament to a bygone era. Unfortunately, we haven’t located any documentation that identifies what employees wore what badge pin to refer to their department. As we’re still digitizing the paper archives there’s always hope that the documentation will exist.
So I sent this
I have read that the colors determine what department the employee worked at do you have any idea what color goes to what department
Thank you again for all your help
Hopefully I'll hear something by Tuesday or Wednesday

OP
OP
C

cheech

May 6, 2012
FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I guess for now it the end of the road this is the email I just got
(At this time, there is no documentation to support what the pins color code.

Have a nice day,) if I find more will post
Thanks for all the help

bigcaddy64

Apr 20, 2013
Fullerton, CA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i vote for you to keep it!! If it was only a few bucks, tuck it away as a hard asset that can be turned into lots of money when you need it. I go to sales strictly for the money but finding neat items is a bonus. Lets say i go out and spend 200.00 on Saturday and end up with a handful of items that will easily sell for 200-300.00 each. It doesn't happen often but it does happen. At that point, i'm up for keeping at least one as a "deposit" in my "junk savings account" If i sell a few and make a nice profit, i'm not out anything if i keep just one and then i have something i can liquidate later down the road if need be.

The most recent example i can think of was the guy who owned a Mopar performance parts retailer who had every piece of Mopar Performance parts display boards/customer freebies still in the original boxes which included: batteries, drive belts, light bulbs, fuses, coffee mugs, ash trays, calendars, matchbooks and wall lights. I have a box/case of each one tucked away with all the shipping labels from Detroit, still sealed up from the early 1970s.

Save the badge until you need to dump it.

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Keep doing research. There has got to be a guy out there that makes a post about some Tucker collectibles and he may be very knowledgeable on that subject. I might be a year or two down the road. Pick several key words and run them on a couple search engines every now and then.

OP
OP
C

cheech

May 6, 2012
FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So I decided to put it up for sale and within a couple of hours I receive these two messages just a little update
Let me help you out a bit here. There were 51 cars built and 47 survive today. The employee badges came in many different colors and it is believed that the colors indicated security clearance or management levels. Fortunately for you, black is the Executive level and would be the most rare. Only Preston Tucker's inner circle would have had black badges, and #2 would indicate it was someone quite important, Good luck. Joe Kahn - Secretary, Tucker Automobile Club of America.
The badge you have was a factory ID badge that matched a Tucker Corporation employee factory ID # and paper / photo tag.
The company had over 2,000 employees at one time but these badges are very hard to find and very collectible.

The black color and B1 # indicates the Corporate Sales Department and the #2 indicates a high ranking executive although I have no record its owner.

Tucker build 51 1948 Tucker '48 Sedans and 48 still remain. They regularly sell for 1.5 + million each. They are often called Tucker Torpedos- company and car was dream of Preston Tucker.

I served 23 years as a Tucker historian, and have worked with the Gilmore Car Museum for 16 years. Hope this helps, Best of luck!

IF you don't end up selling this object consider donating it to the Gilmore Car Museum in Hickory Corners, MI - a 501 (C)3 non-profit. You are able to take the fair market value of any donation up to $5.000 in value based on your estimates rather than being required for any apprisal. Jay Follis

JimDon

Silver Member
May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excalibur, White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome feedback. I would have a hard time parting with it knowing all of this!

Drmad7

Apr 26, 2014
Midwest
Primary Interest:
Other
I love history and enjoy making $$ also. I would locate info on the current owners of the Tucker automobiles and check their interest. "Imagine standing there with your Tucker while wearing the Number 2 Executive pin!" After spending over $1million on a car, a few thousand for a one of kind item related to it won't be a problem.

OP
OP
C

cheech

May 6, 2012
FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome feedback. I would have a hard time parting with it knowing all of this!

It sure wasn't an easy decision think that's why I put the price as high as I did hoping it won't sell but then again the price may still be too low

ethanfez

Jun 15, 2013
Colorado
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It sure wasn't an easy decision think that's why I put the price as high as I did hoping it won't sell but then again the price may still be too low

If you don't mind me asking what did you put the price as?

OP
OP
C

cheech

May 6, 2012
FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
He has it at $2500 starting bid

Thank you for posting this sorry I didn't post it earlier but the only reason I'm really trying to sell this is the finished my jeep project ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1478118997.444720.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1478119022.904751.jpg

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would locate info on the current owners of the Tucker automobiles and check their interest. "Imagine standing there with your Tucker while wearing the Number 2 Executive pin!"

Try contacting Jay Leno, I bet he has a Tucker.

OP
OP
C

cheech

May 6, 2012
FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Try contacting Jay Leno, I bet he has a Tucker.

If I could find his information to contact him I would send him some pictures[emoji106]🏻

OP
OP
C

cheech

May 6, 2012
FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
He has a facebook page called Jay leno's Garage. Try him there

I put a few comments on his post that there was one for sale maybe he reads the post

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions