Small estate sale haul from this morning

kali_is_my_copilot

Feb 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would have had a lot more to show for this sale if I had gotten up earlier but another jewelry buyer was #1 in line while I was #19. Still quite pleased with my finds though. One small wolf or lion rampant 9k charm for $1.50, a pair of large retired Silpada earrings for 12.50 and 1.50 for another pair of silver earrings. Then this awesome bag full of fossilized shark teeth for 3.50! I'm extra-excited by this score since I've been doing some fossil hunting recently and searched for shark tooth fossils all last weekend while I was down the coast but didn't find one the whole time.
20160825_110004~2.jpg 20160825_104820~2.jpg

Texas Ed

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2016
Texas Gulf Coast
Detector(s) used
AT Pro - CZ-3D - Tesoro Cortez - Sea Hunter Mark II - GTI 2500 - GTAx 550 - F75 S E - F19 - Pro Pointer AT - Pro Pointer II - Perdator Raptor Model 31
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on your estate sale buys and I do like the fossil shark teeth - anyway thank you for posting your pictures and story for us & I wih you many more great finds.

Texas ED

silverdollarbill

Aug 27, 2012
Dirty Jerz
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Outlaw
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool finds. I always buy fossils and minerals if they are cheap. I keep the really nice ones and get rid of the rest.

JimDon

Silver Member
May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excalibur, White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool teeth. You don't see the at sales often. It is crazy how much the really large ones go for

OP
OP
kali_is_my_copilot

kali_is_my_copilot

Feb 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was pretty psyched about the teeth. I'm keeping them, I've been getting into fossils lately because I keep finding these oyster fossils in the landscaping rock all over our apartment complex. I think I'm up to 8 or 9 now? A couple of different species, from 3" long to the most recent which is a monster at 7 or 8 inches long because of how layered the shell has gotten by that point. I never looked that much before for fossils or mineral specimens but I definitely will now! I also picked up a nice deer heart clan at a recent sale for three bucks.

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That bag of sharks teeth was a great buy. I would have given way more than that for it.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds. The shark teeth remind me of the ones my grand dad and I used to collect on Chesapeake beach back when I was a kid. He had jar fulls of them. They were all very small though. I still have a few somewhere. I buy fossils myself whenever I find them.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread