tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went by a local parking lot sale yesterday and picked up this old WW2 Elgin (non working) timer for $2.00 and a this little Lalique ring dish for $2.00. They were both from the same seller who had hundreds of smalls to rumage through. She said she had a Hamilton WW that was sold as soon as she put it out I missed. I didn't get there til around 3:PM and it started at 10:AM. I keep forgetting about this small local lot sale, they run in the summertime every other Saturday. I probably missed a lot of cool stuff.

Attachments

• IMG_20160828_070526.jpg
    IMG_20160828_070526.jpg
    957.2 KB · Views: 85

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
That watch looks to be in really nice condition. Might be worth it to get it looked at - maybe running again. Beautiful patina!!

OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Are Lalique pieces marked? I had no clue how expensive those things are.
They are marked "Lalique France" on the bottom. This piece is a modern production and not worth very much at all. I could maybe get $20. to $25. on a 'buy it now' out of it. The old pre WW2 Lalique is what you really hope to find, though the new stuff found at a good price are good sellers if you buy right. Learn to recognize the the look of Lalique before focusing on the signature. That all speaks for Lalique glass imo. When I spotted this I knew what it was without looking at the signature. Mater of fact I did't look at the signature until took this picture of it this morning I think. Once I saw a bowl sitting on a table in a flea market and as I walked up to it, my mind said Wow! that looks like Lalique. I looked it over first for any damage and then the sticker that said unusual glass bowl $8.00. It was pretty scratched up on the base and when I looked to confirm a signature I saw the word "France" and then through all the scratches above that was what I hoped to see the word LALIQUE. I wasn't in the best of condition, but I did get $1200. out of it from a buyer in Italy. I remember he had to pay additional shipping of $80.00 just to get it there, as it was a heavy piece of glass. That was like maybe 18 years ago and today I would probably only get $300. out of that same piece. I think it was made in the 1960s 70s era from what I guessed it to be?. This little ring dish I could go buy at Costco today for maybe $75.00 or so. They do sell Lalique and Baccarat glass at my local Costco store.

OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That watch looks to be in really nice condition. Might be worth it to get it looked at - maybe running again. Beautiful patina!!
It's missing the crown and stem I think? I did look on ebay and did see what it needs (a crown & stem assembly) that I think sold for 9 bucks, but none available for sale now, but it's not worth putting much in to imo, as they made thousands of them during the war. I think I'll just keep it a while and sell it as-is sometime down the road.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread