The worlds most expensive beer

jochart

Jul 8, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went to a private estate sale this morning. A Korean family was selling all their left-over stock from the grocery/liquor store they sold recently. I went into a shed that was loaded with wine. I grabbed 16 bottles of the better wines and found 2 strange sam adams utopia boxes. Paid $5 for each wine and $10 for each sam adams. I had no idea what the sam adams were, but the decanters looked awesome and expensive. When I got home I looked up the 2003 sam adams utopias and was shocked to see they go for around $500 a bottle. 2003 sam adams utopias are among the worlds most expensive beer. The price tag on the boxes was $149, but for some reason the 2003 went way up in value. I certainly won't be drinking these, they'll be going straight to ebay. Cheers! DSC_0001.JPG DSC_0003.JPG DSC_0005.JPG DSC_0002.JPG

Attachments

• DSC_0002.JPG
    DSC_0002.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 97

bigcaddy64

Apr 20, 2013
Fullerton, CA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a great score! I've got a a short list of alcohol I keep an eye out for at sales and that is on that list! Select whiskys my brother drinks and certain wines are on there as well.

GibH

Silver Member
May 17, 2009
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Surf PI Pro/MXT/Quattro/Sovereign XS2 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great find! With a 25% alcohol content, that would knock you on your @ss. I've had very strong ale over in Europe, I don't really care for it. Then again, for 500-600 a bottle, I'd never open it anyway.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ebay lets you sell alcohol ?
I can't even buy Alcohol from outside PA & Drive back across the Border without breaking a law.
I can't buy it online either without risk of a Big Fine & Confiscation.

nice score though. I never heard of it.
But these days I only buy alcohol For my Nieces & Nephews for special Occasions.
I'm not a drinker

Last edited:

JimDon

Silver Member
May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excalibur, White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting